Qobuz stopped working after Roon update

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 8i3BEH, Crucial 8GB DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

AT&T Fiber Gigabit ⇢ Pace 5268AC (gateway) ⇢ TP-Link TL-SG116 (switch) ⇢ Small Green Computer FMC ⇢ Sonore OpticalRendu ⇢ DAC

Connected Audio Devices

Small Green Computer FMC via fiber optical cable to Sonore OpticalRendu via USB cable to Denafrips Pontus II

Number of Tracks in Library

Around 4,600

Description of Issue

Streaming Qobuz via Roon was working fine on Friday night. I went to use it on Monday and images wouldn’t load and music wouldn’t play. I’ve tried suggestions from the various other posts and nothing seems to be working. I’ve tried logging out of Qobuz (in Roon), restarting Roon, renaming the cache folder, restarting my router, restarting my gateway, and the problem persists. I’ve tried playing directly through my Mac, playing directly on my iPad, and nothing works. I’ve also tried playing through the Qobuz app and everything works fine, so it seems like it’s something with this last update.

I read sometimes changing the DNS helps but AT&T fiber doesn’t allow that. But I don’t think it’s a hardware/setup issue since as I mentioned, it was working fine 'til one of the last updates so it must be software-related? I haven’t changed anything with my network 'til this problem showed up (BTW, this happens on a regular basis and seems to get resolved by another software update down the road). This also happened when I used a Bluesound Node 2i as my streamer, so again, don’t think it’s anything hardware-related.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Thomas

Read / Follow here

Hi, thanks Uwe. I did read through that thread prior to posting and it sounded like Support changed a setting for that user. I wasn’t sure if that was a fix specifically for Nucleus or that user’s specific situation. I think I reached my threshold of trying to fix it myself (I think this is the third or fourth time this has happened to me in the past year, every time after a Roon update). :expressionless:

1 Like

Hey @Thomas_Heo,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

Have you tried running your system sub the TP-Link TL-SG116 switch? Is this a managed or unmanaged switch? Here is a great article on best practices in regards to running Roon through network switches.

We’ll be watching for your reply and will get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.