Qobuz streaming issues with Roon, not with Qobuz app on Mac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Os (book Air)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic mini (wifi)

Description Of Issue

Hi, I frequently experience streaming pb while accessing to Qobuz music. Tunes are often skipped because of low network speed. However, if, at the same moment, I try to listen to the same album using Qobuz directly (Mac app), via the same Auralic mini, it works fine!
The feeliing is that roon is slowing somehow the flow ?
help welcome!
thanks
Serge

Hi @Serge_Lumbroso,

I see above that the Mac and the Auralic are both connected via WiFi. Generally, we always advise that your Core is connected via Ethernet, as mentioned in our Networking Guide.

If you connect both devices via Ethernet is there any change here?

If you play to System Output of the Core do you experience the same playback stops?

Hi Dylan,
thank you
the Auralic mini is wired (sorry I wrote wifi wrongly)
the core (mac book air) is indeed wireless
I’ll test to connect it via ethernet (via CPL is it OK?)
however, as I mentioned, with my current configuration, I have no pb while accessing to Qobuz directly
Serge

1 Like

Hi Serge,
It would be expected that Roon will put more demands on your signal than Qobuz. In addition to streaming the signal, Roon is managing a lot of data and graphics, much of it coming via internet. That is why the direct ethernet connection to your core is so important.

1 Like

Hi Scott
thanks for the info, I understand
I’ll try the direct ethernet connection asap (can’t find yet my CPL outlets…)
thanks again for the help
Serge

1 Like

Hi
you knew it, but things are going quite fine since I arrange a direct ethernet connection…
thanks again
Serge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.