Qobuz synchronization broken

New Roon version 2.0 build 1148.

The issue still persists.

Dirk

Hi @Dirk_De_Taey ,

Apologies for the slow response here. The team and I reviewed your Core logging and we have a theory about what may be going on here.

We flipped a switch that changes the way Qobuz interacts on your Roon account, can you please try to reboot your Roon Core twice and let us know if you’re still seeing the same issue with Qobuz not properly syncing?

Sorry Norris but With all the Roon updates I have rebooted my core several times already.
Furthermore there are more people having the same reported issue as I do. Even yesterday I helped out jean-louis-guichard with my explanation what is happening.
Dirk

P.S. I am also installing Roon on a Windows laptop, and de-authorized my server. As soon as installation is complete I will check on this Windows platform

1 Like

So, I have a new installation of Roon on Windwos10 now up and running.

I can already inform you that the issue is here as well. So let me show it one more time.

First of all my Roon system:

Going to favorize an album on the Qobuz webpage:

Result in Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz

Result in Roon - My Library - Albums : album is NOT added, even not after several syncing
Opening the album from My Qobuz page, results in:

Going back to Qobuz webpage, and defavorize the album:

Result in Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz (after syncing): album removed correctly

Now switching to Qobuz app.
In the Qobuz app I subscribe to the album

After syncing , the album is added to My Library - Albums

and of course to Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz as well:

That’s it folks.
I am done testing. It should not be a lot of work to check this for yourselves.

If you don’t consider this as an issue, let me know and I will shut up.
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

If you heart the object in Qobuz app, then it will show pretty immediately in the Qobuz page because Roon pulls that information when you refresh that page. It will not show up in your library with a heart in Roon, until Roon does a synchronization which happens at certain time intervals. The pulling of information for the Qobuz page and the synchronizing of library based on hearts are two different processes, as far as I understand. And, run at two vastly different intervals. One immediate and one every so many hours.

I did the same as you, heart the new springsteen. It is in the Qobuz section, but, not in Roon yet. Looked at Settings/Services and noticed that it has been 8+ hours since the last sync. Since, I’m not sure what that interval is, I’m just monitoring. After Roon has done its sync, I will look to see if the Bruce album is now in Roon.

Now, if you do the opposite, heart in Roon, then Roon pushes the sync information up to Qobuz pretty fast, I had to close/restart the Qobuz app after I hearted an album in Roon, but, it was there.

If I am off base and not understanding then I apologize.

Hi Rugby

When I use the qobuz app and force a synchronization,

the album is immediately added to My Library.

If I use the Qobuz webpage, then the album is NEVER added to My Library even not after many days and many synchronisations.

So you should not test with the Qobuz app, as that is working perfectly fine.

You should test with adding an alum starting at the Qobuz Download store at Qobuz website.

Thanks for your support

Dirk

@Dirk_De_Taey, I can duplicate what you’re seeing.

If you heart the album in the Qobuz Store at qobuz.com, while it does add the album to your Qobuz favorites in Roon under My Qobuz, the album never gets added to your Roon library. On the other hand, if you heart the album either in the Qobuz app or by using the Qobuz webplayer at play.qobuz.com, the album appears in your Qobuz favorites in Roon and is also auto-added to your Roon library.

Edit: so I interpret that to mean there is no library sync between the Qobuz Store and Roon, only between the Qobuz app/webplayer and your Roon library.

Yes, that is exactly what I am reporting in this topic.

If this a feature then:

1. it is new since 1.8 or 2.0 as earlierversions of Roon, favorized Qobuz albums were always added to My Library.

2. it should be documented somewhere.
    I have nothin seen/found in release notes/knowledge base.

Over the last 2 months, I have noticed other users having issues with this.
But as we all need to open separate, individual support requests, and @support is overwhelmed, we do not get an official resonse if this is an issue(bug) or a (new) ‘feature’
Dirk

1 Like

28 days passed.
No spare time for helping me out?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.