Qobuz tracks skipping sometimes [resolved: dns issues]

@danny
@dylan

Evidentally I have a good bit to learn about posting here at the Roon Community. I know you both are trying to help but I guess not addressing the posts means that no one is reading them. Please go back to my 2 posts from May 22 because that event is a perfect snapshot of what happens regularly listening to Qobuz through Roon.

If there is anything else I can do to help pinpoint the problem please let me know.

Thanks

Hello @Peter_Kuehnel,
Thank you for the heads up about the address use.
I am not sure about the Webpage for Qobuz outages but I can play any album that skips with Roon directly on Qobuz with no problems at all. The issues started with the installation of Build 790 - never had any problems in the 2 years before that.

@ danny,
I do not know if you have read my posts from May 23 and May 30 where I listed the results of doing what you asked, but if you haven’t please do so and hopefully Roon can make some progress on my issue.

Today, June 1, I am listening to my playlist of Death Cab for Cutie randomly. Here is what has happened starting at 9:55 am eastern daylight time.

Track 1 “Little Wanderer” Qobuz; played 100%
Track 2 “Autumn Love” Qobuz; did not play at all and skipped to
Track 3 “Ingenue” Qobuz; played 65% before skipping to
Track 4 “Gold Rush” Qobuz; would not play at all
Track 5 “Greapevine Fires” Qobuz; would not play at all; so using play next I inserted
Track 6 “Grapevine Fires” Local drive alac 16/44;played 100%; using play next I inserted
Track 7 “Grapevine Fires” Qobuz; played 100%
Track 8 “You are a Tourist” Qobuz would not play
Track 9 “The Ice is Thinner” Qobuz; would not play
Track 10 “I Was Once a Loyal Lover” local drive; played 100%
Track 11 “A Diamond and a Tether” local drive; played 100%
Track 12 “You Moved Away” Qobuz; played 100%
Track 13 “El Dorado” Qobuz; would not play

Please let me know if any of this is helpful in solving this problem. Thanks

;

I have exactly the same issue. Identical to what you describe. No problem with local files or Tidal.

Strange, the exact same thing happens with me using Tidal. Roon skips every tracks from Tidal in a playlist with local and Tidal files. Very annoying.

Hi @Phil_Knowles and @Flavio_Fernandes

I certainly know the frustration from this problem. Looking at other posts I ran across a suggestion from @beka in Roon support and she suggested changing the dns and gave 3 ways to do it. I did some research and tried Cloudflare which changed the dns to 1.1.1.1. Lo and behold it completely solved the problem. I have not had an interruption in over a week. Hopefully you can achieve similar results.

Please let me know if it helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.