Qobuz tracks 'unavailable' in Roon but available in Qobuz app

Great! Glad to have been of some help.

Having the same problem. Album lists in Qobuz and plays but some tracks show up as “unavailable” in Roon. Album in question is Good ‘N’ Cheap: The Eggs Over Easy Story. Roon shows two versions–one with only some of the tracks and the other with all the tracks but with extra tracks unavailable. On Qobuz the two versions also appear but the complete version plays all the tracks.

Running Qobuz and Roon on an Innuos Zenith Mk3.

Definitely to do with distribution rights as well.
I see only 1 version in Roon - 2 disc version but 1st 11 tracks unavailable.

Checking at Qobuz website, I see 2 versions:
The same one with the same limitation - 1st 11 tracks unavailable
2nd version completely on available (even dowwnload not possible)

I am living in Belgium

Dirk

P.S. this of course does not explain why Roon does not pick up the tracks available to you at Qobuz

Yes something to do with distribution rights as you can only see one version in Belgium. But as you note in your ps Roon should still make available to me all the tracks already available at Qobuz.

I am in California by the way.

The thing is, those 11 tracks are only available if you buy the album. They are not available if you stream the album. It may look as though they are available if you look at the album in the Qobuz app - but they are actually only 30 second long audio clips (notice also that the tracks are greyed-out).

If you try and play them, the app will actually tell you that Qobuz does not have the rights to stream the complete tracks:

1 Like

OK–understood.

So in the future if this comes up, the protocol it seems is for me to see what exactly is available in Qobuz and note what is streamable and what needs to be purchased–check that out before I come here and ask why it is not on Roon. And this protocol would seem then to be de facto for most Roon +Qobuz users, yes?

Well, not really. Roon is telling you what tracks are unavailable - which in turn tells you that they must be purchased if you want to hear them in full. Such albums can be purchased, and the downloaded albums added to Roon.

There is a further wrinkle - some albums are pre-released with only some tracks available for streaming - but then Roon will tell you when the release date is. At that point those tracks should become available for streaming.

Added a bunch of new albums on the Qobuz iOS app and they show up in Roon but most are marked unavailable when they are on the iOS app .
Frustrating .

A restart of Roon core resolved the issue

I’m experiencing same issue of track Ava in Qobuz but showing unavailable in Roon.

Affected track is in “Queen Bee” Album ‘Fire Full Edition’ & the track effected is the last in the series of 4 tracks on this EP; it’s entitled ‘Fire’ (Anime size edit) - this last detail only appears in Qobuz and is not being populated through into Roon. Instead Roon merely reports the track falsely as unavailable.

Screenshots of both Roon & Qobuz below.

Add images

Hi

In Belgium the 4th track also is unavaillable in Qobuz on this album , I checked via website, not the App:

As you see the track availlable in the Qobuz App, can you please:

1. check on the Qobuz webpage if it is there as well
  2. in Roon re-identify the album via Album - Edit

You see now (in my case) 2 versions of the album (maybe you see even more)
    If I select the 2nd one - with the non-English title (Chinese ?) , the 4th track is there.
    Maybe you have an album with English title with the 4th track available. If so, select one during Identification.

Hope this is helpfull.

Dirk

This same problem again:

I can verify the same behavior here (USA) with that title. :frowning:

That single was just released and may have missed the regular data exchange between Qobuz and Roon. It is now appearing in my library, so please try again…

Note also this section in the Help article on Qobuz:

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated daily, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.

Honestly dealing with Qobuz in Roon is becoming tiresome because of this .

I may switch back to Tidal when it goes hi res.

I never had these issues with Tidal .

I deleted the Roon copy that said “unavailable”, favorited it in the Qobuz app, the resynced Qobuz in Roon. Now it shows added to my library in Roon and plays properly.

Btw, at least in my experience, this doesn’t appear to be the same issue as new Qobuz releases taking time to show up in Roon. With that issue, I was not able to add a new Qobuz title to my Roon library by favoriting it in the Qobuz app then resyncing with Roon.

In this case I was able to add it to Roon, but Roon showed the track “unavailable”. I’ve not seen this behavior before.

1 Like

Another reason for me to switch back to TIdal when they go hi res

Same thing happens with them will be just different titles. If it misses the dump you just have to wait. It’s the price you pay for having the abilities Roon has. If it was just the API you get the instant updates but none of the good stuff Roon can do with streaming titles.

It does this if they had it In their system as a prerelease more often than not. Usually for albums and it doesn’t always update to show it’s available when it’s released I find. Had it happen loads. Tbh I’ve given up on favourites as they do make more of a mess of my library than they help with all the constant removing that happens . With the way Qobuz manage it by removing albums but they stay in Roon is just too much to keep on top of I goto play it and it’s not available anymore. If you manually grouped them it becomes a mare to unpick as it makes it so had to remove it

I decided the other month to just cull all my favourites as I don’t listen to the majority of them after a while and just make playlists of stuff I play regularly but don’t own it’s just as easy to search and play when you want to listen to any of them. Roon is more responsive at searching and all things since doing this. I just have my own music in it now. Favourites is a great idea but portly managed in Roon.

1 Like