Qobuz updates take too long

So today a new track by Billie Eilish has arrived, available on Qobuz. Not in Roon. Making it favorite, not updated in Roon. Adding to a new playlist, playlist is empty in Roon. Come on people! Get this sorted. Immediate updates please.

1 Like

Roon will always lag behind Tidal and Qobuz because server synchronisation occurs periodically, not in real time.

I’m not sure if it is even possible to do it in real time, but the opportunity cost of doing so would detract from other feature development.

Listen on the Tidal or Qobuz apps for the day or so it takes until the catalogs sync.

This non-issue is already well documented and updates in Tidal and Qobuz take a day or two, depending on how quickly the stream provider gets the update into their server update sync, it is not within the Roon bailiwick to control this.

1 Like

Just ran into this with Lana Del Rey’s new album as well, so I’m going to bump this rather than start a new thread.

Same exact thing: it’s on Qobuz, but not on Roon.

This is not a non-issue. I for one am going to keep bringing it up, because it really impacts the music experience on Roon, which is the most important part.

Partnerships are hard, especially with technology integrations, but there’s always a way if there’s a will.

Roon folks, who’s court is this ball in? Should I give this feedback to Qobuz so they improve some API on their end, or is there a Roon component that could be improved? Is there something manual we could do?

I doubt it will ever happen

The official answer is somewhat of a half-answer. Plenty of new releases do appear in real time. This seems to be down to Qobuz and Tidal releasing the information (to Roon and others) in advance of the release date. Obviously Tidal is currently better at doing this than Qobuz.

The full answer is that this matter could be improved, but only if Qobuz improves what they’re doing.

@StopMakingSense I don’t think you are correct. The Naim app lists the new Lana del Rey album just fine. Roon does not. If Naim can do it, Roon should be able to as well? Looks like a Roon issue to me…

As far as I know, Roon handles the information differently. It’s to do with Roon using its own database. Other 3rd party apps (e.g. Bubble UPnP and USB Audio Player Pro) also seem to work like Naim and have all new albums available on release.

In one sense you’re right, it is to do with Roon, but I think it’s to do with the way in which Roon works. This still means that improvements can only come if Qobuz gets the required info to Roon sooner. Of course, I could be completely wrong!

Such a First World problem, you can’t even wait for a day or so for new Qobuz releases to get into Roon???

There are so many people in the World now experiencing REAL problems of living, staying safe and feeding and housing their families due to COVID 19 and you are going to keep banging on about a small, understandable and reasonable delay in updating music content from Qobuz to Roon.

I suggest you listen on the Qobuz app if you absolutely cannot wait, and take stock of the fact that if this small irritation is the thing you are most concerned about, that you are a very lucky person indeed.

3 Likes

There is no excuse for this delay if they came up with a better system. The excuses used are just not good enough for a premium product. New releases should be available on day one pure and simple. Every other app that has streaming managed it but not Roon. Yes it does things a little differently but it’s not an excuse make it better. I don’t pay for a premium service to get less than premium service. I pay for Roon to have one app control all my audio but yet again at weekends I have to use other means to play albums as they are not available in Roon 3 days after release. Is this really good enough for a premium product? It questions why I need Roon at all. Yes it’s a first world problem but as I said in another post on this, I am paying first world prices for a sub par product, that promises but doesn’t deliver.

1 Like

It is entirely possible to be concerned about a whole range of things at the same time. Trying to find a solution to a problem (even a minor one) does not negate one’s concern for global issues. If it did then nothing would ever get done!

2 Likes

Start with the music you know, and then let Roon connect it with millions of high-resolution tracks available on TIDAL and Qobuz **

** some releases may not be available until we can be arsed to get them or we have enough complaints to move on it, but it’s worth the wait honest.

** or you go and listen to it via any one of our competitors who have no problems at all with any new releases. The world is your oyster.

Yep, I remember why I stopped reading the forum. Jeez, get a grip.

2 Likes

Oh come on people, I know this isn’t that big a deal, just trying to make the music listening experience better here which is after all the mission of Roon and the topic of this forum. “Not a non-issue” does not mean most important issue in the world, let’s keep it in perspective.

1 Like

Good news, it’s arrived!

1 Like

It’s quite annoying to see that the new album is available to stream on Tidal via roon but NOT Qobuz via roon.

What’s the difference between Tidal and Qobuz then?

Tidal must supply Roon with db info in a more timely manner than Qobuz.