Qobuz works, unless I try to play it from Roon

Roon Core Machine

Custom Ubuntu-based Linux VM, 2 GB of RAM, 4x x86 cores
This system has been serving as my Roon server for 2 years with no problem whatsoever.
Currently streaming from my internal library due to the Qobuz failure.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

10 GigE managed network. MicroTik and Cisco switches. All wired and no VLANs for this setup.

Connected Audio Devices

DietPi-based Odroid-C with RT kernel. Currently streaming no problem in DSD from my library. DAC via USB: Holo May Kitsune Edition.

Number of Tracks in Library

8400 tracks on disk

Description of Issue

Since the last update about 24 hours ago, Qobuz login doesn’t work.
I get an UnexpectedError when attempting to re-login. No unusual traffic detected in my network probes nor my DNS server.
Qobuz account confirmed to work fine.

Roon Core Machine

All of a sudden I couldn’t login to Qobuz. I finally disconnected and then reconnect Roon. Now I can login to Qobuz but the tracks are frequently not playing. I am getting message that the track isn’t available on Qobuz. But I know they are there as they play on the webplayer.

Is there a problem with Qobuz?

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Moving new Qobuz issues into this thread for now, Roon has been alerted.

1 Like

Did you just update the Roon software? If so, quit Roon and re-load it. You may or may not need to re-log in to Qobuz.

No updates my end, just stopped working and rebooting did not help this time.
Tbh I have never had the skipped all tracks, too many failures error ever before.

As @Dale_Clark has remarked, Qobuz playback was fine after applying the build 1105 update. It went bad time after updating core and remotes. So it doesn’t seem as if the update and the Qobuz errors were related.

Also, since I updated, nothing plays thru my airplay devices. Everything worked fine this morning. Since I updated this Afternoon…no airplay and Qobuzz screwing up

This is weird!!!

I don’t think it’s anything to do with updates as I’m still on build 1021 on everything and it’s buggered at my end so.

1 Like

I just checked. No airplay (yes everything on same network and all the obvious things) to my Apple TV, Airport Express and Sony Soundbar (the express and soundbar worked this morning). Only “direct” network connection (Zen Streamer) and my Saffire pro connected to a non core iMac work. Airplay does work if I choose airplay device thru iPhone “control center” (not thru roon itself).

I wonder if Qobuz is having some issue on their end. The web player works fine

don’t want to jinx it – OK I will

At the moment, Qobuz is working here, for me.

resolved? fingers crossed

1 Like

Working now here as well

1 Like

Para echar un poquito más de sal… here too it’s working again…

1 Like

Yep…so some temporary ( hopefully) server glitch.
Normal service appears to be resumed for now.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing intermittent issues with Qobuz through Roon. I only signed up to a Qobuz trial yesterday and updated Roon yesterday so it’s been a bit frustrating to understand what’s going on. When issues occur the logs on the Roon server show

“502 Bad Gateway”

responses to requests to qobuz’s API at https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/. These can be intermittent - a track/album will fail and a minute later try again and it works, I’ve been using the same 2 albums to test with. I saw major issues in the last hour or so but it seems to be ok now.

I think this is a qobuz issue, possibly with their CDN… ?

1 Like

I had the shut down my core and reload it after the update. Might be unrelated.

I spoke too soon! Troubles again. “Too many failures. Skipping Playback”

“This track is not currently available from Qobuz”

I’ll just give the poor system a rest for the night and hope for the best tomorrow.

Yep. Same here. More 502 errors. Not a great experience as this was my test of qobuz so I can drop Tidal. Guess is back to Tidal for now or work in silence…

1 Like

Still working fine here…fingers and toes crossed.

1 Like