Qobuz works, unless I try to play it from Roon

It’s the same with me, except that it worked well one day after the Roon update. However, starting this morning, Qobuz no longer works: browsing works, but it cannot play tracks.
From time to time, the error appears that the Qobuz page could not be accessed. I have seen this in the past, when there were problems with Qobuz.

Having same issues as 15 mins ago

Started for me here in Aus about 4 hours ago. I can play files added on or before 7 September. And could do the Thur and Fri files until 9 am.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/unable-to-play-any-qobuz-albums-added-to-library-thursday-and-friday/211948/2

1 Like

Further Update.

Local album ran into Roon Radio. Only played Tidal for 5 songs which never happens. Then played a Qobuz Song. So I put a Qobuz Album on that I added last night. Didn’t play the first song but is now playing the remainder of the album!! Fingers Crossed.

I’m not sure, but I’m not convinced its strictly Roon’s fault, it might just be Qobuz. I suspect Qobuz provide a special interface (an API) for 3rd party integration, like Roon, but it’s quite possible their own apps do not use that and so are not affected if its an issue with the API. Anyway, just a guess. I just logged a support request with Qobuz about it. They probably know, but it might help. I suspect the issues will keep coming and going intermittently until the root cause is resolved.

Songs playing now but still get the flash message of “this track not available on Qobuz” just as they start.

Weird!!

Yes, I’m getting this as well. Hit Play now for a Qobuz album, and I see this for a couple of seconds:

Followed by this, and the album begins to play as it should…

Having troubles as well… but my native Qobuz client is also not working (no playback possible, no covers loading)

I have just booted ROCK, got the red “can’t log in” to Qobuz message. Roon displays the Qobuz albums/versions, but can’t play them. No Roon updates on my side, so seems a Qobuz issue AFAICT. Germany

I got the red “can’t log in to Qobuz” message as well after upgrading to 1105, but clicking “RETRY” worked: I can play music from Qobuz.

But I’m experiencing the intermittent “This track is not currently available from Qobuz” messages that others have already reported, with the associated skipping of tracks. Going to the queue and choosing “Play from here” from the first skipped track results in successful playback.

I understand building retries into Roon might be just wallpapering over whatever the root cause is, but it would improve the user experience a lot if retries got rid of track skipping…

Indeed - I think the problem lies with Qobuz at the moment; my Qobuz app is showing this:

1 Like

I can connect to Qobuz via qobuz application on different devices ( Windows PCs, Ipads).
I also have problem connecting to Qobuz via roon.
I have the same problems on two other devices having a qobuz connection ( Cocktail audio X50, Teac UD-701N).
So it seems to me this is not a roon specific problem, but the qobuz portal for affiliated being down or misbehaving.
Nothing we can do as a customer. It must be roon team to contact qobuz to correct the problem.

1 Like

Qobuz on an iPad in Spain

Seems to be Qobuz-Servers. I get random 502 Errors (Backend Servers have issues). At the moment sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn’t.

I just want to listen to some music! Boo hoo!

Greetings from a silent living room in Sydney :frowning:

3 Likes

1 Like

You could always play the spoons Anthony… :joy::joy:

1 Like

I could, but sadly I’ve put the dishwasher on in order to break the silence. :blush:

No spoons avoided my cleaning wrath this time around!

I’ve had to delve into the (fortunately) large library that I have on my Innuos server which of course is no problem at all, but I was hoping to smash out some music that I don’t currently own.

First world problems of course…

1 Like

Yep I should have put some of my local albums on or some vinyl and waited till it was fixed, but decided to dig deeper for 4 hours in the rabbit hole and see if wasn’t me causing it… Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

I will go to the beach and listen to the ocean :sunglasses:

2 Likes