QoS DSCP Tagging/Marking?

My apologies, @Kurvenal. I had reread the thread before replying and got fixated on the wrong subject! But yes, next time this issue occurs please do provide a timestamp of when the iOS device fails to connect and I’ll go through the logs and grab a few snippets for the team to look at.

Hello again Nuwriy,

By the way, if it would be helpful for troubleshooting I am very happy to use the tools available in my Meraki network dashboard to run packet captures and also to get Meraki support involved if necessary.

I need to make a decision in the short-term on whether to continue using Roon as the primary platform for my distributed audio system, so I am highly motivated to see if we can get this issue with remote discovery resolved so that I can at least use Roon easily with my Trinnov endpoints.

If I do commit to Roon then my next challenge will be to decide whether I need to replace my NAD CI 580 endpoints.

Thanks.

Hello Nuwriy,

Can you confirm that you were able to access the timestamp information that you asked for relating to difficulties I am having with remote discovery of my Nucleus? Are there any network settings that you can suggest I try? FYI, I have also opened a support case with Meraki Support on this issue, so if it would be helpful I can bounce any ideas you guys have off them as well.

Best,

Hello Nuwriy,

Here is a request for more information from Meraki Support:

As the devices can ping each other that means there is L3 connectivity.
Do you know what is the protocol or port that the Core Roon Nucleus computer uses for the device discovery?
We can help you check if there is TCP or UDP traffic on an specific port.

Best,

Hi Nuwriy,

Just checking whether you have any additional information on the protocol or port used by the Nucleus for device discovery that I can pass on to Meraki support?

Many thanks.

Hello Nuwriy,

Two weeks have passed since I sent you my last message on this case and I have not had any reply. Can you confirm whether the diagnostics logs are telling you anything that might help me change the network settings on my end to get rid of the problems I am having with Remote Core Discovery?

Many thanks.

I have started a new thread here “Waiting for Remote Core” Error - How to configure Cisco Meraki network equipment? in order to avoid confusion because this thread was originally started on another topic and the Subject Header is not clear.

Hopefully this will make it easier not just to surface a fix from the Roon Community and/or Roon Support but also for others experiencing the same problem to benefit from it.