Quad Artera Play not playing native DSD

I just bought a Quad Artera Play and connected it to my SotM 200. It won’t play native DSD via Roon, even though the Artera is capable and Roon recognizes the Artera as Quad Quad USB audio 2.0. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

In Device Settings, what is the DSD Playback Strategy?

… that line is not in the settings. I just understood the SotM sMS-200 is not yet supporting DSD on this device. I sent them an email asking for help, too. Maybe, in the meantime, there is a workaround other than conversion to 352kHz, like manually selecting one of the listed DACs that happen to sport the same Sabre ES9018 processor? Or is there anyone who found another solution?

Have you gone into the settings of the SOtM Sms-200 and making sure that it is set to do DSD? In the Roon Ready section of the Enhasu interface there are options for DSD, Volume control, etc.

… yes I did and set it to native and device control, but it did’t help…

If your SOtM has a DAC Information page function, please check whether your DAC ID is 2622:0002

… yes, that’s the ID in the second line:

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2622:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I don’t think mainstream Linux kernel recognizes 2622:0002. It looks like that with your current SOtM firmware you would have to use DoP - it should work up to DSD128 in your case.

1 Like

… indeed, it does! I’ll use this for now and wait for an answer from SotM. Many thanks everybody for your help!

1 Like

Update: the good people at SotM solved the issue within a week with a beta firmware update for me to test. It now works perfectly! After that the they issued an official firmware update with two Quad DACs among the now supported devices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.