Quad Vena with HS-251+ NAS has no sound [Answered]

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Quad Vena with my QNAP HS-251+ NAS drive.

When I connect with USB, the Vena shows up in the audio devices on the Remote Control and I am able to do the usual audio setup and zone setup for the device.
The problem is that when I play a song, there is no sound from the Vena. I have tried various different audio settings and have had no luck.

Also frequently, the Vena disappears from the devices and I have to unplug/replug to get Roon to see the device again.

Any suggestion on settings that would allow the Vena to work correctly?

I have connected the Vena directly to a laptop with the same USB cable and it works fine and has no issues, so there is no problem with the unit.

Thanks

Philip

1 Like

Hi @Philip_Vanness ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. The feedback is very appreciated and my apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, we have seen reports of other users have issues using this DAC while on Linux (example). Have you been able to confirm with Quad that the Vena should work with that OS?

-Eric

Hi @Philip_Vanness, the Vena doesn’t work with Linux unfortunately. It shows up but doesn’t play. I had the same issue and had to sell mine as a result.

Huge oversight from Quad IMO. Good luck, there are better options anyway.

Haven’t heard from QUAD on this. But the manuals all say “PC and MAC” for the USB. So seems like it may be an issue.

Yes - that is the same problem. Quite a disappointment.

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.