Quboz Albums Not Adding To Library Properly

Core (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini M1/ Big Sur 11.2.3/ Roon 1.8 build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MicroRendu 1.4

Description Of Issue

When I heart albums in the Quboz app, or add Quboz albums to my library directly in Roon, the albums do not appear normally. I’m unable to heart favorite tracks in Roon. Even if the album has been hearted in Quboz, in Roon the album doesn’t appear as having been added to the library. When I hit the Roon “+” sign to add the album to the library, it claims the album has been added, but the + sign just spins infinitely but never actually adds the album.

I can play the Quboz album in Roon, but I’m unable to heart favorite tracks. Which is very very annoying as I rely heavily on favorited tracks as curation.

Ideas?

I don’t think this is limited to Qobuz or Mac. I get it too with Tidal on a Windows core, usually using the Android app (same event: an eternally spinning wheel). The Windows core seems to pick them up much more often if I use its GUI on the desktop though. Sometimes, if I go back to Home in the menu, though, the added album is indeed there (a 1/3 of the time, say?), and I can then heart the songs if I click on the added album from that location.

1 Like

It’s weird. Works every once in awhile with Quboz. Hopefully it will be fixed one day.

1 Like

Hey @DancingSea,

Thanks so much for sharing the behavior you’re experiencing (and @B_Clarke for chiming in). I’m sorry it took us this long to get back to you :pleading_face:

I was hoping you could try a quick experiment. Could you please favorite an album in Qobuz and then, in Roon, navigate to Settings → Services → Qobuz and do a Sync. Does that make the album show up in your Roon library?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Tried it with Tidal, after 3rd attempt at adding album in screenshot, then syn with Tidal service, still need to try and add again (hence the stop-motion of the twirling icon in the screengrab) :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.