Question about loading files onto Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacOS 10.4.6, MacBook Pro, Roon Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Neatgear, WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Antipodes, USB

Description
I recently wrote here about an inability to connect to my Antipodes server and found out through Antipodes (which has great customer support, by the way) that it was a failing internal drive that was causing it which they are in the process of fixing. But it brought a question I have which is an easier one.

What is the PROPER way to load files onto Roon? I know I can drag and drop and it seems to work fine, but does it also load a copy onto my server when I do that?

Now that my server is in the shop can I still load onto Roon?

Before starting to drag and drop files, I was loading the files onto the server, then copying them over to Roon. I want to make sure my server is consistent with Roon. What the best way?

Hi @rickcarl,

If you already have your media stored somewhere, the best way to import that content into Roon is to add it using a Watched Folder. You can read more about this in our KB.

Am I correct in understanding that the Antipodes is where your music is normally stored? If so, you’ll need to add the network path to the files by using the instructions found here.

Thanks Dylan,

That’s exactly what I wanted to know. I figured I was doing it wrong somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.