Quiet background crackling noise whenever upsampling in Roon

Now, i may be misunderstanding, but are you using Roons DSP for upsampling at the same time as upsampling with HQ Player? Hmmmm, in that case, why?

DSP on the MicroRendu is disabled. Yet there is no HQ Player playback :neutral_face:

In ‘Apps’ within My Sonictransporter, HQ Player isn’t shown (yet it is one of the Installed Apps), but ‘HQ Player Server’ appears under ‘Settings’ and it is a Zone option in Roon. Should it also appear in Apps?

Hey @Dave_Woollard,

Glad to hear that you’re no longer hearing the noise!

For HQPlayer, can you post a screenshot of your Audio tab of Settings?

Thanks,
Dylan

@dylan

Is this what you wanted?

@dylan

Or maybe…

Hey @Dave_Woollard,

Thanks for the screenshots here. Can you try reinstalling and setting up HQPlayer fresh and let us know if you’re still experiencing difficulties after that?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi @dylan,

If I go ahead with the ‘Delete’ option, will this merely demote HQPlayer to ‘Available Apps’ or will it completely delete it?

Clearly, I don’t want to proceed until I’m sure it’s not the latter!

Cheers,

Dave

Hey @Dave_Woollard,

Can you share a screenshot of where you’re seeing this?

-Dylan

Hi @dylan
It’s a page accessible from the ‘Mysonicorbiter’ webpage.

Hi, @Dave_Woollard, you can delete HQPlayer, and then install it again using Available apps tab. ST just downloads the package from the repository, so it should be quiet easy. Let us know if this action will make things different.

Thanks for your patience!

Ivan

2 Likes

Thanks @ivan.

Reinstalled and still have the same problem. Even removing from the Audio list and adding in Setup doesn’t help.

In the HQPlayer configuration page, the .xml file added successfully (provided I select System instead of User).

I set the sample rate limits to line up with my Singxer SU-1’s abilities too.

The only strange thing is that the only option under ‘Device’ is ‘Current(/)’ and I have no idea whether I should be seeing USB2.0Singxer or something similar as a menu option?

Thanks for your help so far.

All sorted. I thought I’d set the MicroRendu to ‘HQPlayer NAA’ but hadn’t. Idiot!!

Anyway, all working and upsampling nicely to DSD512. Jury is out as to whether it’s better than Roon’s upsampling engine, but I’ll have fun trying to decide!
Thanks for your help and to Andrew Gillis for showing such patience :grimacing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.