Radio Paradise FLAC feed

It must be a possibility to have at least the main music stream in FLAC via Roon without too much of a problem. I also use a Volumio Primo in my second system and Volumio has a plugin for Radio Paradise which has a selection of feeds, including the FLAC feed.
This sounds splendid as you might expect!
If a small company like Volumio can make this happen, surely Roon can?

1 Like

RP site says not currently availableā€¦

Sounds like If you want Radio Paradise (RP) lossless FLAC, then it must be integrated into Roon. The latest JRiver has RP lossless FLAC integrated in. Thereā€™s also a web version releasedā€¦

May be if @danny can consider this has an add-in option? Thanks

Imagine you are sitting around the Roon development table. You have to choose what projects to resource. Everything is worthwhile, biut not everything can be done. So how do you decide ? Iā€™d probably like to pick projects that deliver new features to all viewers, but there is continuing need to fill in things for smaller groups. These have to be accommodated.

Mustering the resources for a project to support an idiosyncratic format devised for FLAC by one radio station, which can be heard in Roon at lower resolution and in FLAC by other players is a hard ask. It ticks very few boxes and it is an easy project to defer to other priorities. It hasnā€™t been ruled out, but imagine how youā€™d feel if your pet project was deferred for it.

2 Likes

Well then, perhaps imagine that Roon opens an API that would muster the resources of the software development community to build what other developers have called a fairly simple plugin that would afford the RP functionality some users are quite passionate about and have been asking for for a long time. Yep, we certainly do know what itā€™s like to have a pet project left unrealized.

1 Like

Hi, another long time Radio Paradise supporter and listener. Just in the final stages of finishing trial period and deciding whether to sign up. Would love to see FLAC integration similar to Volumio.

Thanks

Mark

3 Likes

Lifetime subscriber. Iā€™d like this within Roon too. It might be only one radio station, but its probably the best station out of like 1000ā€™s.

3 Likes

RP is testing a standard FLAC stream now, so it appears that this is a moot issue. The app still provides a better experience, with multiple streams, but itā€™s likely never happening on Roon.

http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac

2 Likes

And the testing doesnā€™t seem to be going well at the moment. Theyā€™ll stabilize it and roll it out eventually.

This is working great for me. So nice to see the purple star on RP finally.

1 Like

Thankyou John - working perfectly with Roon/Devialet. Just set it up so will have to do some serious listening tonight. Roon/RP has been a stable in this house almost every evening for years with the old link of 320kp.

Yes its nice to see purple stars all through the chain

Jim

RP Flac --> Roon --> Devialet Pro 250Ci --> Harbeth 40.1 --> perfection

I have been waiting a long time for this - wonderful!

1 Like

It will only play for about 30 seconds for me before stopping. I can manually start it again but it stops on itā€™s own.

Iā€™m only seeing 1Mbps with the flac stream, compressed a good bit.

Yes, me too, and I think it sounds great. I did have one stoppage about ten minutes after I started listening, but it hasnā€™t happened again in over four hours.

Iā€™ve been listening to RP in AAC 350kbps in Roon vs the RP FLAC using the built-in app, in both instances it is very hard to distinguish the SQ. Iā€™m happy with it.

Link works great! Thanks. Nice to know I am getting the best out of my system, but I am not sure I can tell the difference and I do like the Artist/Title info that the Naim feed displays.

Works great, thanks.

1 Like

Streaming in FLAC works fine for me, thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Closing this Feature Request as Radio Paradise is now streaming a conventional FLAC stream that can be added to Roon:

http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac

1 Like