Radio streams url again

Hi all
I know the topic has been raised before, this is my little issue. When adding a radio url in Windows version of Roon, the particular station i listen to doesn’t work.Yet the same url in the Mac version has no problem, so what’s going on there please?
regards
Dennis

Hello @Dennis_O_Hara1 , unfortunately Roon does have problems with some streams that should work. The Roon Devs are aware of the issues but until they are fixed it is worth posting the name of the station here and the radio curators will endeavour to find an alternative working stream.

Thank you Brian for the reply.,The station is a local community one in Toowoomba, Australia. Must be something in windows Roon software. 102.7 FM.
As I say Mac OSX works fine,

Cheers

Dennis

Ok Dennis, I’ve added 102.7 Toowoomba for you. Please check if Ok.

(The problem is that https URLs with a specified port number usually cause Roon problems - I changed to an http version)

Hi Brian

No it doesn’t work in windows Roon, it starts to load but no sound.
By the way that url is the same I used in Mac OSX and works just fine, weird hey?

A mate if mine who uses Audirvana had the same issues with ABC radio urls none worked in windows yet the Mac.Version worked fine. Those guys came back to him saying some issue in windows to sort,

Thank you very much though for trying to sort it so quickly,

Regards

Dennis

Windows N versions (other variants maybe too) are shipped without some codecs. You have to install them if you need them.

Hi

It’s Windows 11 and all codecs are there. The Tune-in app plays pthe station, Roon doesn’t, one of those odd glitches I think. Anycase Roon plays all the others I have as favourites. I still think it’s a porting thing with that url.

Regards

Dennis

I’ve just played the station without problems.

Can you play other aac stations ok? For example CJSW.

Hi Brian

I still cannot understand why that url will not play on my system, the other aac station stream you suggested to try plays fine, I’ve searched everywhere for stream urls and i must admit i have a bit of experience doing that and know what to do.
The one you found should work and there is another variant but doesn’t play on my Windows machine either.

I have noticed that when pressing play the stream quality lamp lights for a second and goes out never any audio, does that mean anything as to what’s going on.

regards

Dennis

In the US, and the station plays fine for me on my Windows PC.

Dear Dennis:

I am not sure if this suggestion will be applicable to this particular stream or problem, but do you mind checking and disabling any convolution filters that may be enabled in Roon on your Windows system? After disabling all convolution filters, please try playing the stream again.

Best regards,

RU

Weird got to be something going on with setup then, yet why that station and not the others …

Thank RU for the input, no filters loaded at all

regards

Dennis

So can you play the ABC stations?
You say all codecs are there. Are you sure you have the latest? Toowoomba and ABC use aac with SBR (CJSW doesn’t).

If this is not the issue then I’m stuck and suggest you open a ticket in Support

Hello again Brian.

Well i actually got the stream to play today when i first booted the PC and went into Roon before anything other program it played. But as soon as i stopped it and tried again nothing. Tried rebooting and turning the PC on ad off to duplicate the scenario didn’t work. Does that point to any solution to where the problem is?

Regards

Dennis

Not to me unfortunately, but it may well do to others if you post this in your support thread where people cleverer than me may have ideas.

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.