Random Activation of Toggle Loop and Toggle Shuffle Options (ref#01YD8S)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I don't like how the product works

The Toggle Loop and the Toggle Shuffle options are turning on randomly by themselves.

1 Like

Hi @TabooKahuna,

This sounds like an odd issue! Could you please share a more specific date, time, and name of track playing the next time this happens?

Thanks!

Hi Benjamin - thanks for getting back to me about this. It is a strange one, although I am not the only one currently experiencing it.

The next time it happens I will share the date, time, and track.

1 Like

Okay. It just happened. March 28 - I noticed it when I opened Roon at 4:05 PM Central Standard Time. The track it was on was:

Artist: Larnel Lewis
Album: In the Moment
Steaming from Qobuz.

Track was “The City Lights.”

03/28 14:40:59 Trace: [zone] NDX 2 received transport control from endpoint integration: loop_all
03/28 14:40:59 Trace: [zone NDX 2] NDX 2 received transport control from Naim Audio NDX 2: loop_all
03/28 14:40:59 Trace: [zone NDX 2] SetLoopLoop

Hi @TabooKahuna,

Thanks for sharing that timestamp! We’re seeing transport controls being received from the NDX 2, are you able to check if there are any loop settings being activated from the device specifically?

Hi Again, Benjamin. I can’t see any loop settings being activated from the device.

This was happening a couple of months ago as well and after trying everything I did a factory reset of the NDX 2. That actually seemed to help - for a month or so and now the problem has returned. It is a small thing but very frustrating.

Hi @TabooKahuna,

Do you by chance ever use the Naim native app? This may be useful if so:

Perhaps the NDX2 is holding onto the shuffle command from another app? Apologies for not being able to provide more detailed feedback!

Same issue here. 4th April.

Artist: Journey
Album: Time3
Streaming: Synology NAS / Naim MuSo 2

It has nothing to do with the track. It occurs randomly when I press ‘play now” on an album. I don’t use Naim native app.

Hi Benjamin - thanks for this suggestion. I checked all the apps (Roon, Naim, Tidal, Qobuz) in all the devices I have used to control the NDX 2. I didn’t see the Toggle Loop or Toggle Shuffle buttons activated on any of them. I also uninstalled the apps on the devices I no longer use.

When it happens again, I will let you know. I do really appreciate your help with this. If you have any further suggestions they would be welcome.

Okay: just happened again. Both Toggle Loop and Toggle Shuffle buttons activated!

I noticed on:

6:00 PM Central Standard Time on April 7th.

Artist: Houston Person, Ron Carter
Album: Remember Love
Track: Gentle Rain

Steaming from Qobuz

Hi @TabooKahuna,

Thanks for the update and providing a fresh timestamp - logs still point at the NDX 2 sending shuffle and loop commands to Roon. If you completely exclude the NDX 2 from your listening session, does the same issue occur?

Hi Benjamin - thanks for the suggestion, but the NDX 2 is my only Roon endpoint, so not sure how I could do that.

This is helpful information, though. I will bring it to the attention of my dealer and see what he says. I’ll let you know.

Hi again, Benjamin - my dealer is, I think, as mystified as you are. We are not sure why the NDX 2 is sending these commands to Roon. It has just happened again:

Day: April 14,2024
Time: 8:36 PM Central Standard Time
Artist: Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio
Album: I Told You So
Track: Careless Whisper

I understand this may be more of Naim problem that a Roon problem, but if you have any further suggestions that would be appreciated.

Hi @TabooKahuna,

I’m not seeing any hints in logs around the timestamp you’ve shared, but do see the following again:

Trace: [Naim Audio NDX 2 @ 192.168.100.108:44943] [raatclient] GOT [4] {"status":"Success","control":{"button":"shuffle_on"}}
Trace: [zone] NDX 2 received transport control from endpoint integration: shuffle_on
Trace: [zone NDX 2] NDX 2 received transport control from Naim Audio NDX 2: shuffle_on
Trace: [zone NDX 2] SetShuffleTrue
Trace: [Naim Audio NDX 2 @ 192.168.100.108:44943] [raatclient] GOT [4] {"status":"Success","control":{"button":"loop_all"}}
Trace: [zone] NDX 2 received transport control from endpoint integration: loop_all
Trace: [zone NDX 2] NDX 2 received transport control from Naim Audio NDX 2: loop_all
Trace: [zone NDX 2] SetLoopLoop

Perhaps refreshing your RAATServer database may help. I’ll share the steps below:

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new RAATServer

I’ll give it try - thanks, Benjamin.