Random albums and tracks are being saved to my library

Hi Karl,

Thank you for giving this a go. We have no logical explanation for what you’re experiencing. The missing and non-sequential log files are a huge part of the mystery and are what led Roon to believe there was some sort of SSD, memory, or Windows corruption at play.

Wes

I ran diagnostics on both the SSD and memory. Both are fine. I have scanned Windows a few times and have not detected anything.

I have cleanly reinstalled Roon. However, random albums and tracks are STILL being added to my library. Here’s another screenshot. I added none of these. There’s also more random tracks that were added which I couldn’t fit in the screenshot.

Thank you for the update, @Karl_Rabaya.

I’ll discuss this with the team when we return to the office early next week.

Wes

Any update on this? Issue is still occurring.

Hi Karl,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. We’re looking at this and I have a ticket in. Will you do me a favor and get your core online so that my latest diagnostic logging requests will go through?

Regards,
Wes

my Roon Core is online now.

Thank you. I’m going to get the diagnostics logging delivered and will see what next steps I can come up with.

Wes

@Karl_Rabaya , Did you contact Qobuz about this?

1 Like

Yes, I have been in contact with their customer support as well. We are still going back and forth trying to figure out the issue.

Hi @Karl_Rabaya,

Please keep us posted. I’ve also engaged them from our side to see what both parties can do to figure this out.

Wes

they should be able to see where you are logged in from to confirm no one else is logged into your account.

also ask them to confirm that changing your password will log out any existing logged in users.

I just got a reply back from Qobuz. They have confirmed that changing passwords will log out of the account on all devices. Just to be clear, the issue is still happening. A few albums here and there randomly added on a daily basis.

Hi @Karl_Rabaya,

We too have engaged them from our side and are waiting for a response.

Another suggestion is a change of email address at Qobuz - Sign up / Log in - Unlimited streaming and Hi-Res download store.

Alternatively, you can follow the aforementioned reinstall steps for Roon, don’t import a DB backup, sign into Qobuz in settings>services, and see what happens. Based on your prior response to this advice I’m not certain that it happened like this and want to be sure.

Thanks,
Wes

I did a clean install of Roon without any DB backups on Nov. 23rd. I have also changed my password on Qobuz again (maybe 4th time).

Hi Karl,

All that’s left is the idea of an email change. Otherwise I’ll need to await a response from Qobuz on my side.

Thanks
Wea

I have changed emails on both Roon and Qobuz this morning. If it still continues, I will post here again.

1 Like

Your issue has puzzled us all. I’ll look forward to hearing back from you.

Wes

Silly question…are you sure your wife or someone is not playing tricks on you??

2 Likes

Positive. No one else has access to my accounts (that I know of).

2 Likes