This is what Bluesound says:
The issue you are seeing is not firmware related - it may however be caused by an error with the network device table of your router. A network reset should resolve this.
• Turn off all players and other network-attached devices (laptops, tablets, and smartphones – Airplane mode can be enabled).
• Unplug any wireless extenders or repeaters you may have in your home.
• Unplug your router. Wait for 30 seconds and plugin again.
• Wait for 5 minutes (important – do NOT skip the wait time).
• Turn on all wireless extenders or repeaters and wait for 5 minutes. (Skip this step if you do not have an extender/repeater).
• Turn on all players and network-attached devices (laptops, tablets, and smartphones – Airplane mode needs to be disabled).
• Relaunch the BluOS App.
This will reset your network router’s cached addresses.
Home network best practices with all IoT devices (not just Bluesound) suggest you should probably do this periodically. If you have more than 10-15 devices on your network (BluOS Players, Tablets, Smart TVs, Thermostats… it adds up). Not as often as emptying the lint trap in your dryer but more often than changing the batteries in your smoke detectors.
If the problem persists or returns more often than once every other week or so, can you please tell me the following;
• The make and model of your main network router
• If your router is provided by your Internet Service Provider, the ISP Name and your country or region
• If you have a wireless extender or bridge the Player is connected to, those devices’ make and model number
• The make, model, and operating system version of your smart device? This can be located by going to Settings > About on most phones or tablets.
Also, it may be good to note, if you do have a wireless extender, if you place your phone or tablet in Airplane mode and stand by the main router, you take the device out of Airplane mode and relaunch the App.
Then I asked:
Thanks for the input and help. Just for my understanding, following your explanation, I do not fully understand:
• Why does this happen to the Node player only? Other components, same network, same router – no issue?`
• Why does a factory reset of the Node device help (temporarily)?