Crackling with bluesound devices

I have exactly the same problem. Crackling noise when playing through Roon, but no issues when playing with bluesound app… Tried to reboot, but that is no solution. Everything is running on the latest firmware issue.

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Doodeman — We are investigating this with Bluesound. So we can better understand this, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

i’m having same issue. crackling/jitter/distortion every 10-20 seconds. let me know if you’ve found a solution

Hi Dylan, i have the same issue, i am in contact with Nuwriy in your team since nov the 2nd, with no solutions or diagnostics at this time.
Please let me know if you find the way to resolve it.

hi everyone. i found another post here with same symptoms that suggested a bluesound factory reset, so i just tried it and it appears to have WORKED?!?!@?#! i kind of can’t believe it. but give that a try: Steps pasted below:

WARNING!

THIS IS A FACTORY RESET OF YOUR PLAYER. ALL CUSTOMIZATION INCLUDING WI-FI NETWORK CONFIGURATION, FILE SHARES AND SAVED PLAYLISTS WILL BE LOST. YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-CREATE THESE ONCE COMPLETE. THIS PROCESS IS ONLY RECOMMENDED IF YOUR PLAYER IS NOT FUNCTIONING AND AN INTERNET FIRMWARE UPGRADE HAS FAILED. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS CONTACT AN AUTHORIZED BLUESOUND CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE BEFORE PROCEEDING!

Steps to Factory Reset:

• Disconnect the player from electrical power.
    • If you have a PULSE FLEX with a BP100 Battery Pack, disconnect the battery pack as well.
  • Wait 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power.
  • Once the LED turns Red, touch and hold the Play/Pause LED on the touch panel (It will immediately turn Green and then back to Red) - do not let go of the LED.
  • Once the LED turns back to Red, continue to hold the button for 30 seconds.
  • After 30 seconds, the LED will begin to blink red – then release the button.

All customization to the Bluesound player will be removed and restored to factory settings.

IMPORTANT: Removing your finger from the LED at any time before the LED begins flashing red will cancel the factory reset and leave the player in Upgrade Mode. Just start the steps again to factory reset the player.

You will know the factory reset is successful if the player returns to Hotspot mode (wireless connection - the LED will turn solid green). If the player is connected to your network through a wired Ethernet connection, it will simply connect as if it was a new player (LED will turn solid blue).

1 Like

For me it is exactly the same, I would say it occurs around once per track.
It appears with playing library tracks as well as with Live Radio.

Eric, you nailed it! Factory reset and the problem is solved, thank you!!

1 Like

This fixed the issue with mine as well.

1 Like

Issue also fixed, Roon is back with a great sound
I am so pleased after 2 months trying everything
Many Thanks to Eric who found the solution

1 Like

Darn! I thought my old node 2 was messing up. I tried a lot of stuff, but never a factory reset. That was my excuse to buy a NAD C658. The C658 also runs on BluOS, but doesn’t have the same symptoms, fortunately. The reset might fix the node 2, but I think I’ll keep the C658 even though I am with the return window.

1 Like

Hello to you,

I did a factory reset, but the crackling noise is in my speaker, Bluesound did not escape by crackling noise.
I have Bluesound Pulse 2i.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.