Really!? Must Be A Joke [Best Digital Interconnects $1,000 and Above]

Brilliant Comparison!!

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

To get really clean power, you need to generate it yourself, so that you can control the purity. I recommend an audiophile generator. running on specially hand-distilled fuel drawn from an acoustically neutral pool of petroleum, and supplied monthly by subscription. The subscription price includes the cost of appropriate carbon offsets, sourced from the Netherlands.

2 Likes

Oh boy, now you have done it. The same 4-5 individuals who always show up to tell us what is BS and what is not, are going to hound you until you admit the error of your ways. LOL!

1 Like

Made from very organic mushrooms?

“You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts” (c)

6 Likes

The room probably had more impact vs. the gear.

The error is very clearly in comparing stuff like amps, speakers and room to digital cables. That’s a straw man argument as nobody doubts the impacts of the former

4 Likes

To be honest, I’m not sure what carbon offsets are made from. :smile:

Indeed.
[Moderated]

I got blocked before :woman_shrugging:t2: for wanting the right to consider spending my own money on what I value

Here we go…

1 Like

You can spend it on anything you want but if you post about it on an open forum don’t be surprised if people have opinions about it. This goes even for uncontroversial things like speakers (some will like a model, others may not - though of course they should respect your choice anyway), more so for things that by definition can’t make a difference.

5 Likes

You have the right to consider thinking about spending your money on anything you want, but if you need validation, this is probably not the right place.

I am pretty sure that 'shrooms are a major ingredient there. How else would one come up with such an idea?

You are absolutely free to spend your own money on green markers, CD demagnetizers, “audiophile network cables” and Bybee Quantum Signal Enhancers. You are not free to come to an open forum and expect that calling people who do not believe in fairy tales “bigots” will go unchallenged. Might as well get upset that flat earthers aren’t entertained here.

5 Likes

I had forgotten about the green pens! I tried it on one CD but preferred a grainier sound so sanded the pen off.

2 Likes

Well, to be completely open-minded, running a green marker across the data side of the disk could have very significant audible impact.

1 Like

Greenwashing

2 Likes

so can anybody flag anything because they feel it is inappropriate? . … noting somebody is a fool for believing a foolish thing is NOT offensive

2 Likes

It is an ad hominem attack and contrary to Forum Guidelines. We are asked to criticise ideas and not people.

1 Like

Sure. The mods look at it to see if the flagger was right.

So, you were noted, what’s the problem?

If the said rack’s manufacturers were claiming that storing CDs on that rack would provide “day and night” improvement in sound, then it would be only fair to call them out on that – world could do with fewer swindlers.

If the rack is just pretty, sure, there’s no problem with someone who can afford it paying more for a prettier rack. Pretending that a rack affects SQ though is slightly different. Although just as plausible as a “directional audiophile Ethernet cable.”

1 Like