Rebooted brand new sonicTransporter i5 now Roon Core cannot be found

Roon Core Machine

SonicTransporter v2.8

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet. Verizon Fios Gateway Router Fios G1100 Network switch: TP Link SG105

Connected Audio Devices

BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet), Sonore MicroRendu (Ethernet), Sonos (wireless)

Description of Issue

In trying to solve for why Roon (w/sonicTransporter running Core) can no longer find my NAS, I rebooted the sonicTransporter. Now, Roon Core can no longer be found.

I’ve tried on my iPhone, iMac, and macBook Pro and no luck. Some of these have Roon freshly installed.

Getting my sonicTransporter up and running is turning our to be more problematic than expected. Any assistance would be welcome. Warning - I’m a music lover and not a network engineer. Thank you!

Maybe this will help, or the other solution in this thread… good luck!

Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

Thanks, but sadly no luck. Any other thoughts?

Can you access the web GUI via sonicorbiter.com( I believe).
You may need to update Roon Core on it.

The link doesn’t work…get a ‘site cannot be reached’ DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Curious if this is highlighting an issue.

sonicorbiter.com is ok, i’ll see if I can update core. thanks again.

Thanks @AceRimmer - the update did the trick. Thank you!

1 Like

Great news!
Glad we could help.
Enjoy your music!

I have the same issue starting last night. Shall I create a new topic ?

First port of call is to try what has been recommended in this thread and report back. If it doesn’t help then start a new support thread.

There is no official support working on the weekend, but hopefully some knowledgeable individual will be able to offer additional help

Thanks. I create a new support case. As the normal reboot and update etc. don’t work in my case.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.