Receiving TIDAL playback errors in Roon

I still have the trouble of Tidal network error through Roon. Tidal app on it’s own playing flawless.
System: Internet/Switch router from provider, Nucleus by roon, macbook pro, iPadpro, ipad, iphone, and so on as remote, pro-ject Prebobox S2 digital
please advice, what I have to do…
Cheers
Armin

Hey @Armin_Kern1,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this behavior occur when playing back to all endpoints, or just the Pro-Ject? If you play to one of the remote devices does the same error occur?

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Difficulties playing TIDAL content

Hi Dylan

I‘m working with your German Nucleus Distributor. Please feel free to ask Steve about me.

My own network is very basic:

Vodaphone Router with integrated switch, connected direct via cat cable (Supracable from Sweden)to the Roon Nucleus with I3 core. Various Remotes from Apple, iPad, MacBook Pro, iPhones. All running the latest iOS and OS X software, every Roon update made.

I can‘t go to that point to play Tidal via Roon app. I use the Nuc several times a week at dealers showrooms to present and sell the Roon Nuc.

It appeared this weekend the first time, that I can‘t even Start Tidal via Roon . Under settings, services, I tried to refresh the lock in for Tidal. I always receive the notation: Network error.

I‘ve installed a2tb harddrive into the Nucleus. The there stored files work flawless. Whenever I start the Tidal app on it‘s own on my remotes, Tidal works without any problems.

I hope this helps, to find the issue

Best Regards

Armin

Diese Mail ist auf meinem Mobiltelefon geschrieben. Formfehler bitte ich auf diesen Umstand zurückzuführen und nicht als unhöflich zu verstehen.

Am 08.10.2018 um 13:24 schrieb Dylan Caudill <community@roonlabs.com>:

\ 45x45 dylan Dylan Caudill Roon Labs: Support
October 8

Hey @Armin_Kern1,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this behavior occur when playing back to all endpoints, or just the Pro-Ject? If you play to one of the remote devices does the same error occur?

Thanks!

Visit Topic to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I appreciate the details, @anon26308295!

I’d like to try clearing the TIDAL cache on the Nucleus and see if there’s any change. Please see instructions below:

1. Shutdown your Roon Core via the Web UI
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to Data/RoonServer/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

In the past we have also seen Google DNS help with similar reports. Can you try using Google DNS and let us know if you notice a change?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan, thanks for your support, it works again as suposed to do
Best
Armin

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.