Docker container, but it works fine for me

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wi-Fi but I have no problem with it

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast devices, but I have no problem with them

Number of Tracks in Library

No idea, but I have no problem with any of them

Description of Issue

Everything works perfectly in my setup, except… the Jazz genre does not show the Recommended Album and Recommended Artist sections anymore.

It used to work and the subsections of Jazz have them.

Since I use them to explore new music, it is a bit annoying.

Apparently, Jazz is the only genre presenting the problem.

I’m running the latest version.

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

The team is unable to reproduce this issue internally, but there has been ongoing work related to Recommended Albums on the Genres page.

Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, the team will investigate. Thank you!

Hello Connor,
Thanks for answering.

Yes, I am. See attached image.

It happens only for the Jazz genre, both on Windows and iPhone. Sub-genres of Jazz are fine (for what I can tell: I didn’t try every single one of them).
Last week, right after the update to 1357 I got the section for one or two days, then it disappeared again.
Honestly, I don’t know what to say either.

Merry Christmas,
Antonello

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

Are you still seeing this on the most recent release?

Hello Connor,

unfortunately, yes.

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

Thank you for the confirmation and your ongoing patience. Let me confirm the status of this issue internally and I’ll return as soon as possible with an update.

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

We have a few follow-up questions on this issue.

After the most recent update, did the Recommended section for the Jazz Genre page reappear?

Does this issue occur on both of your profiles in Roon Remote?

Can you please share a screenshot of your import settings (Roon → Settings → Library)? We’d like to see if you have custom genre tags that Roon has prioritized.

Lastly, if you’re able to reproduce this at the moment, please share a timestamp of the incident so that our team can pull more precise diagnostics and investigate.

Thank you!

Hello Connor,
thank you for following-up. Here are the answers to your questions. Do not hesitate to ask for more, if needed.

After the most recent update, did the Recommended section for the Jazz Genre page reappear?

No. It is still missing.

Does this issue occur on both of your profiles in Roon Remote?

Yes. On different remotes (two Windows 10, one iPhone, one iPad, one (very old) android phone).

Can you please share a screenshot of your import settings (Roon → Settings → Library)? We’d like to see if you have custom genre tags that Roon has prioritized.

Lastly, if you’re able to reproduce this at the moment, please share a timestamp of the incident so that our team can pull more precise diagnostics and investigate.

2024-03-02 17:54 CET

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

We’ll need to request a copy of your RoonServer database to reproduce this internally. At your convenience, please follow these instructions to locate your RoonServer database location, then compress (zip) the entire folder and upload it here. Database Uploader.

Hello Connor,
Thank you. I just installed build 1392 and it seems to be working, but the same happened with previous build too: it worked for one or two days and then back to no suggestions. Let me monitor it for few days and then I will either upload the database or close the issue.
Antonello

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

Did this issue present as expected on the new build? We’ll escalate internally if so after capturing diagnostics.

Hello Connor,
apparently yes, although I only get 6 albums total in the recommendations. I suspect the problem could be in my library and musical tastes that generate an empty list in your recommendation engine (or in Tidal’s one, if that’s what you use).
Whatever. Since I cannot reproduce the problem anymore, I’m fine with closing this ticket. Should it happen again, I will reopen it.
Let me know if you still want my library to have a deeper look into it.
Thank you very much for your assistance so far and please, extend my kudos to all the support team. I know it’s a tough job you all are doing.
Antonello

Hi Connor,
hold it. Today I’ve got the problem again. I’m zipping the library right now.
Antonello