Release 2022.08.1

On the rpi there are two leds, green and red, are they lighted? The red one should be on and not blinking, the green one should be blinking at 2Htz if installation went ok.
To identify the rpi IP address you can install, on pc or mobile device, the Fing app that will scan your network and will show you all your on lan IP address devices Free Network scanner app for PC and Mobile | Fing | Fing

Stefano

The lights work as you describe

I use the Ring app

Todd

Sorry…Fing not ping

I use terminal to get my IP

Fine, then RoPieee is running fine … don’t know the Ring app (I’m on iOS ) … can you find your rpi IP address?
When you find it go on a pc or mobile device browser and type the address in the url and you should be able to reach RoPieee web page

I did that but don’t get the ropiee web page

It Ropiee is running and connecting to your core OK, you should see it in the roon app under Settings / About - even if it isn’t yet configured as an endpoint.

That will also show you the IP address.

My Roon app doesn’t show the device

I don’t see a Ropieee app on the Rpi desktop either

There shouldn’t be a raspberry pi desktop if you’re running ropieee.

ok…how would I know that Ropieee is actually running…the web commands don’t bring up the app

Ropiee is an appliance - you boot the sdcard, and then interact with it via roon / browser.

Sorry…I hd the wrong sd card in…when I reboot with the right card, it gets stuck at :firmware not found"

Are you typing the address in the url window (green arrow)? Don’t use the search window (red arrow)

Then burn again the sd card … but I don’t understand how the green led was blinking at 2Hz

When the rpi will boot with the re-burned card it will likely have a new IP address therefore search it again with Fing

burned a new ropieee sd card…reboote…hanging on “run rescue scripts”

Thee are pi3 and Pi4 versions - have you definitely got the right one?

Excellent instructions here https://ropieee.codexwilkes.com/downloads/ropieee-installation-guide.pdf

yes…I have a pi4 and dld the pi4 version

It now is giving me a blank black screen

How are you burning the SD card?

Do you have the Pi attached to wired Ethernet?

Maybe the Pi is defective, or the cable, or switch it’s plugged into, etc.