Release 2024.01.1

Give it time, I think - I had the same after rebooting my RPis yesterday, but now I see that they are showing that 2024.01.1 is now available.

2 Likes

No it does not. Getting an update takes time (can take a day).
The reboot only makes the 2024.01 update mesage go away.

update of my ALLO USBridge Sig. went fine!

2 Likes

My Ropieee takes long time to update from 2023.11 to 2024.01.1… Than i download the new image ropieeexl_ose_pi4-2024.1.1-stable.20240110.1292 (only 1,7gb), and flashed into a 2GB micro sd.

I can not see Ropieee in the browser, even if i see from LanScan Ropieee is there.
The Rasp.pi 4 is flashing non stop the green light.

Tried several times, and flashed several times the new image on the 2gb micro sd.

Why i can not see the new Ropieee 2024 on my browser? Is the Micro sd 2 GB to small? Or maybe i must wait loger to do the newest updat (from 2024.01 to 2024.01.1)? I waited 30 min with Rasp.pi flashing green light (and not seeing Ropieee in the browser).

Unfortunately i can not use if i dont fix and edit setting.
Thanks for help

What do you mean with ‘takes a long time’? As in: the actual update or as in: I still don’t see the notification popping up.

I missed this one the first time.

2 GB is too small. I advise at least 4 GB, preferrably bigger.

I meant takes long time to get the notify to get the new update in the Ropieee i had 2023.11.

I always used a 4 GB micro sd, but i was the new image is only 1,7GB, and i wanted to try flashing in a 2 GB micro sd i had available at home.

Are you telling me, that the reason i dont see Ropieee (new fresh flash from the new image 2024.01.1) in the browser, is because the micro sd is only 2 GB?

I use Ropieee in my Rasp.pi 4, only as endpoinit for Hqplayer NAA, whay you advise to use at list 4 GB, and preferrably bigger?

That can take several hours up to a few days.

You’re on the edge … actual capacity of hdd/ssd/SD is always less then the one declared so 4GB recommendation is to stay on the safe side … but you can try yourself if a 4GB card solves the issue

4 GB is technically the minimum size. RoPieee’s image expands upon installation. So 2 GB will not work properly. See the website.

Looking at availablee SD card sizes, myself I prefer at least 8GB.

1 Like

Ok thanks, i just wanted to try tnew Ropieee uptated 2024, i had available micro sd 2 GB, and i did, unfortunately i couldent see Ropieee in the browser.

I fix it, just using a 12 GB micro sd card.
I dident know image expands upon installation, now i know 2 GB is not enough.

Thanks @spockfish you made an amazing job creating Ropieee.

1 Like

Worked for me…thanks for your work on this product.

1 Like

Professionally handled Harry :saluting_face:

6 Likes

Works here, too. Thanks, as always for your great contribution to this community, @spockfish

2 Likes

No problem here. Thanks

1 Like

both done without problems… Thxs Harry

2 Likes

Both of my pi’s updated but one of them got stuck. I could see the lights flashing (I have them turned off) and it wasn’t appearing on my network. Unplugging it for a minute cured it and now both of my units are functional. Thanks for this!

1 Like

Just updated to 2024.01.1 successfully on a pi 3b - using USB out to my Topping E70 DAC. Prior to the update USB auto suspend was working fine but seems to be dead now - my DAC no longer drops to suspend after a minute.

In all other respects (I use Roon and Plexamp functionality only) all seems to be fine. Thank you for the continued work Harry.