Release 2024.01

Another year, another RoPieee release!

This release sees updates all over the place.

Nothing special stands out, expect maybe the support for Airplay 1 protocol. RoPieee already provides AP 2 support for quite some time now, but there are users that specifically want AP 1 (mostly because of explicit lossless support).

There’s also a large part of ‘under da hood’ work which further prepares existing RoPieee units to be upgraded to XL in the near future (as I explained previously, I want to go back to a single version of the RoPieee product: what now is referred to as the ‘XL’ version will become the only version that exists).

So here’s the changelog:

• NEW: add button to visit Plexamp webpage
  • NEW: provide ‘Airplay 1 only’ option
  • ENHANCEMENT: heavily reduced image download size (~50%) [for now Pi4 only]
  • ENHANCEMENT: download new update, even if there’s already a previous update downloaded
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Linux kernel
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Plexamp component
  • ENHANCEMENT: update HQPlayer NAA component
  • ENHANCEMENT: update UPnP player component

As always, this will take time (up to a few days) before the update will hit your unit.

Enjoy!

10 Likes

After performing the update, all 3 of my Pi Displays are stuck on Powering Off HDMI.

Here is the feedback:

bfad293902808ff2

1 Like

Same here :dizzy_face:

Updated my four endpoints. One rpi r got stuck at configue screen. The other (rpi 3 & 4 without screen) got updated but did not show up in Roon.

Can we download previous version somewhere? To have until it’s all solved?

Just updated my endpoint with an official Pi screen and it plays fine. Problem is a massive flicker on the screen. I tried to rotate the screen to jog the settings and after a reboot, it’s disappeared from the Ropieee web page. Funny thing is, even with a blank screen now it’s still playing fine. It shows up as an endpoint in Roon at the right address. I spoke too soon. It just disappeared from Roon.

Now it looks like the same problem as others. It’s stuck at powering off HDMI.

Enrico,

Can you try to force a configure again?
By changing some parameter?

Thanks

Since updating I can no longer see my device in Roon.
The unique identifier for my log is e84cdf2c9a616a59.
What do I need to do?

Did that already and I’m getting the same result. It’s stuck at Powering Off HDMI. All 3 units behave the same. I can see them in Roon and access them via web but they screen is not working.

For what it is worth…I notice when I connect to my Pi via the IP address on a web browser there is a brief flash of the update screen with the circle rotating, and then the regular web interface appears.
I have not noticed this behaviour in previous updates.

No problem with 2 Pi4s and one Pi3 w/o screens, only various hats. All visible under Roon and in my network under the assigned IPs

Just chiming in to say say exactly situation as @Enrico_Castagnetti. Running 2024.01 on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2 and regardless of changing config, reconfiguring, rebooting, I get the same screen as Enrico and Powering off HDMI. Thanks!

Enrico,

Can you please do the following:

• reboot
  • trigger configure

It should be resolved then…

Yes, it’s screen related.

I’ve reconfigured (rotated screen) and rebooted multiple times. No change.

Also in the last minute?

I also have tried rebooting a couple of times and also tried triggering a reconfiguration. Neither of these solved my problem.

Tried that twice, doesn’t help. Hangs at “powering off HDMI.”

I just rebooted, reconfigured, and then rebooted since this post. No change. Back to powering off HDMI…

Please try again.