Release 2024.02.1

Hi,

I’ve pushed out a patch release that follows up on the 2024.02 release.

It mainly fixes a few regressions that were introduced with the new Roon extension - those regressions are gone (and verified by the beta team).

So the changelog is rather short:

• ENHANCEMENT: update Linux kernel
  • FIX: some zones are not identified by the Roon extension
  • FIX: no volume control with OSMC and Flirc remotes
  • FIX: NTP fallback does not work properly

The update will take a few hours before it shows up on your device.

As always: enjoy!

8 Likes

Marvellous! Fixed. Have a nice day. Thank you.

1 Like

I can get to the pi’s web page, but for some reason neither roon nor HQPlayer is seeing it. (The other pi’s are showing up in Roon.)

I’ve rebooted, reinstalled roon bridge, etc…

USB DAC is on.

It’s showing up as Airplay on the Audio tab. Not enabled but i can see it. I enabled it and it doesn’t play, just repeatedly tells me to select a zone.

b12d0b69049e3e09

(EDIT: I should clarify… the headphone amp is on, and it has an onboard USB DAC. Schiit Asgard. Maybe the DAC has an issue? Is it showing there’s no DAC connected?)

Yes, there’s an issue with your DAC. Hence no audio device, and a ‘no-show’ in Roon.
I suggest you check the connection (cable etc.) and see if things improve.

Thanks

makes sense… I’ll investigate!

thanks harry!

sorry Harry @spockfish for going over the ALLO USBRIDGE Signature subject again.
I updated to latest Ropieee 2024.02.1 just by pressing the update button on my Ropieee webpage and all seems well.
Is this still the right procedure or do I need to go down the more time consuming route of downloading the separate image, reflash it and reconfigure all settings?

Please clarify this for me once for all. Everytime an update is out (and thank you for keeping the software always updated) the same issue present itself, and I’m not sure if the automatic procedure pulls the right image for the Allo or not.
Thanks (for the last time on this subj, I hope)

Assuming you (once) started with the downloaded correct image (in this case: the image specifically for the Allo Usbridge) it will fetch the correct updates from the RoPieee servers. No need to reinstall from scratch.

Thanks

1 Like

thank you ! I missed the piece of info on starting from the right image.
Hope this helps other Allo users!
thanks for the awesome work

1 Like

yep, DAC bit the dust (or something… tested with a different DAC and all is well, so I’ll have to see if it’s really dead or if something is goofy in the innards)

it would be cool if, on the USB DAC panel, it could tell you if the USB DAC wasn’t found. Some ugly red X or something.

1 Like

Shoot. 2 out of 3 Riopee Pi’s aren’t coming back after this upgrade. Both upgraded, rebooted, now the last item is WiFi AP ACTIVE! and a blinking cursor. These were all on 2024.02 previously. I did have one Pi upgrade successfully however.

I had 4 out of 5 Pi 4B units upgrade successfully, but one appears to have failed. Not a big deal to reflash the SD card, but wanted to report it in case my and @Eric_Carlson’s experience are indicative of any issue.

That means it was not able to connect over wifi. Either attach a cable or set it up using the wifi AP.

When I was login to RoPiee GUI, Raspberry Pi4 was rebooted. In last stable version this situation wasn’t happened.

Log: 7b85c0543ebec67e

Harry, one of my displays is stuck on 1393. The update runs (to 1395?) but the ”Welcome to RoPieee” is garbled on the display. I try to force a reconfigure, but then the unit hangs upon reboot. Hard power cycle reverts back to 1393.

Should I reflash?

2a6a61468e2be84d

Thank you for your help.

Thanks Harry. I rebooted it with ethernet enabled, it seemed to complete the setup, launched the UI (this one has a display). Then rebooted again (no config changes) with ethernet unplugged and all good. Just seems that for this upgrade, it required an ethernet connection to complete. Thanks!

Hi, my PI4 updated successfully, however I didn’t receive the update on my CM4 based streamer, which is now still in 2024.01, is it normal?

That depends how long it’s already running. Getting the update can take several hours.

The device is ON since this morning, but still nothing…. My other PI4s took 1h to have the update visible… will wait a bit more, but very bizarre.

Can you send me feedback from this one?

Just made it…. 58fd4e4eaa0fc9b9

Thank you