Release 2024.02.1

There isn’t enough room on your SD card.
I can’t see it clearly, but is this a 4 GB disk?

2 options: either it’s a 4 GB disk and you need to replace tthis, or you need to reflash.

Thanks

It’s a 32Gb SD and a 4Gb CM4 streamer…

I will reflash it anyway

Hi @spockfish ! I recently replaced my RPi4 case with the Argon ONE V2 to have all the connections at the back. But now, running ropieee, the fan is always on and is making an audible noise in my listening position. The controller can be nstalled via ssh, but IIRC, you’ve disabled ssh to ropieee pis in the recent versions. Am I SOL in this case?

Thanks!

According to these tests (xxx) you can safely run Argon One without the included fan, after all RoPieee cpu load is quite low
I run the rpi4/RoPieee in a Flirc case (a bit less effective than Argon One) without issues

1 Like

Thanks for the link! Looks like I’ll just have to disconnect the fan header.

Just run a test with the fan and without. You can monitor the temp through Ropieee’s web page. If it gets too hot I can recommend the Akasa Gem Pro. I have four Pi’s and the Gem Pro case (Pi4b) is 10 degrees or more cooler than the other three. Small caveat; don’t use the heat transfer material it comes with. I used some Arctic thermal paste and pads. Much better quality.

1 Like

I my case I try HighPi Pro. This is very good Canadian project with place to put in small fan 30x30 mm. My system right now has 44,8 C.

The Pi with the Akasa Gem Pro is running 35C. The other three Pi’s are running 43 to 48C. Pretty big difference.

Pretty cool temperature. I changed location of my Raspberry Pi. Seperate from amplituner and move RP4 to bottom shelf. Right now I have 36.6-38C.

Any speculation on when it will run on a Raspberry Pi 5?

Used a longer time Ropieee on my Holo Audio Red (NAA/HQPlayer and RAAT), but now starting with this release of Ropieee, it starts crackling (also with buffer in HQPlayer) and so I was going back to Red OS.
Has anyone the same problems with Ropieee 2024.02.1 and the Holo Audio Red?

1 Like

for completeness you should add if you’re upsampling to pcm or DSD and to which bit rate

I don’t think so, because the only change in this system was the update for Ropieee.

yes i reported something similar, on the 2024.02 thread. I am upsampling to high DSD rates (512/1024) as I am guessing you are as well if using HQP … Release 2024.02 - #74 by nquery. Now I am unclear if this was with 2024.02 as well as 2024.02.1 - regardless, it’s a current issue.

And someone else just reported something similar?? RoPieeeXL 2024.02.1 (1396) - Encounter popping / cracking noise for usb output

I don’t own a Holo Red but I read from a Jussi post that you need to use the NAA OS image in order to upsample to dsd1024 without issues … the one named raspberrypi4-holored

I have and use the NAA OS. But it’s not true that that is the only was to upsample to DSD1024. It’s also possible via NAA on HoloRed OS and RoPieee - I have used both regularly for this. It’s just that the last major release of RoPieee has introduced a small issue with high rate usb output (naa only or not I don’t know) - in my case it’s somewhat infrequent.

Weeks away. Probably.

Thanks, for the response and sure yes, I’m using HQPlayer for upsampling to DSD256/DSD512 and on the Red the USB out.
Without HQPlayer involved I’m using the I2S out and for it I let upsample Roon the DSD512.
The crackling occurs only on the USB out and for me every 10-20 seconds.
Jussi’s NAA image isn’t a solution for me, because I want to use both outputs from the Red independent.

I reflashed.

The issue likely was the 4g card (an original from the early days of RoPieee). Not likely a common problem these days, but the symptoms didn’t say “you ran out of room” to me.

1 Like

Having some issues:
Context:
I have (2) RasPis V2 with HiFiBerry Hats DAC+ DSP and 7" Screens:
Identifier 26c031f89bfecd08
These Pis check for updates and reboot nightly at 3AM
The Roon server shuts down automatically at roughly 1am

Symptoms:
After the Roon Server is shutdown and restarted it is slow to discover the (2) RasPis. Often the 2nd RasPi (Family-Pi) is not found unless it is rebooted.
The Screens never display the Roon Data and Control Screen (they are configured properly and work if rebooted while the server is running, but fail on the next reboot.)
Audio passes if Roon sees the device regardless of the screen status.
Both devices are always seen by RoPieee Devices screen.

I have reflashed both devices twice.