Release 2024.02

Hi,

I’ve just pushed out the 2024.02 release.

In general stuff all over the place, so I’m pretty sure that there’s something in here you like :wink:

Not mentioned in the changelog, but this release comes with a new, completely rewritten RoPieee Roon Extension. So if you use the extension (either for the display or a remote control), keep in mind that you need to (re)authorize the extension in Roon.

I’d like to thank the people that participated in the beta testing: I’m pretty happy with how helpful this has been in making sure the release meets a certain level of quality. So thanks to everyone that participated in this beta round: I intent to keep on doing this for the next release as well.

And finally the changelog for completeness:

• NEW: (experimental) support for Spotify Autoplay
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Linux kernel
  • ENHANCEMENT: improve latency kernel (Pi4 only)
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Plexamp component
  • ENHANCEMENT: update UPnP player component
  • ENHANCEMENT: increase session timout on webinterface from 10 to 30 minutes
  • ENHANCEMENT: heavily reduced image download size, now also for the Pi3 family
  • FIX: UPnP play stops after a few seconds (mainly with 96k content)

Enjoy!

19 Likes

Many thanks Harry

1 Like

All loaded, let testing begin.

Hmm, a lot of problems with a RPi4 (with LIRC and display).

• After starting (reboot) the display told me, that there isn’t a zone…
    Using the RemoteApp start playing “solves” this problem.
  • LIRC isn’t working in using the power key for toggling the display

Send 8a9c202300aa95c7 to Harry.

I had to re-enable the extension in Roon after the update for the display/remote to work. Might look there to see if you need to also? Settings/extensions in Roon.

3 Likes

Hi! Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just got the Argon One V2 case and was just wondering if the matching Argon IR remote will work with the current version of ropieee. If not, what remote is supported so I can adjust the volume, play/pause, move to previous or next track?

Thanks!

sure, all enabled and also disabled + enabled…

Four (4) RPi’s updated here. No issues.
Many thanks Harry for the fantastic work you do.
Dave

Updated Pi3b and update appeared to work well. Problem is the official Pi display shows Connection Failure error. Music plays just fine, but no display. I tried rebooting, but same error.

Edit: After a short time the clock display pops up as if there’s no music playing.

1 Like

Have you re-enabled the extension, as mentioned in the release notes?

As my wife says, those who read have a distinct advantage. Thanks Spockfish.

3 Likes

All good here RPi4 into my KEF LSX II’S, thanks again Harry!

1 Like

What version does the settings/extension screen say it is running?
Also view the authorizations and see what is there.
Maybe try removing authorizations for the extension and let it refresh?

Installed on an rPi4 - DAC initially recognised
fine but continually get the “Failed to open audio device” message in Roon. When I go to configure my DAC in Roon the app freezes momentarily and then the DAC shows in the list of audio devices labelled as can’t be found - refreshing the device list doesn’t bring it back (I know I’ve explained that badly !) - I use Plexamp component too and that still works fine. Have reinstalled Roon bridge with no luck. All working fine prior to this update.

Any advice ?

Let’s focus on Roon.
Disable Plexamp and any other service for now.
If Roon has issues again finding the device, send me feedback.

Yes - disabling Plexamp resolved the issue. Thanks.

I tested with the Beta channel, but I went back to Stable. Should it see the update? Or will it not see a new update because that’s actually “stable” at this point?

Rebooted after switching to “Stable” but not seeing the update.

(No rush, I can wait until it sees it eventually, but just wondering.)

It’s the HeadphonePi in the list below.

It will take time. This can take up to several hours.

1 Like

Copy that. No rush, just curious. Thanks!

I have updated my two devices (RPi4 Player and RPi3 Display) without any problem. But now the display can not find the the Roon zone anymore.
Steps taken:
I have activated RoPieee extension in Roon; rebooted RPi3 Display; rebooted Roon Remote; restarted Roon Server on ROCK; verified zone settings in Roon
No success. Any ideas?

No problem with the player - I can enjoy music :crossed_fingers:

Thanks, Henrik