Release 2024.04

Hi all,

Time for another release! And this is a pretty exciting one, because the support for the Raspberry Pi 5 has landed!

The rest is pretty much all over the place: from a new Linux kernel to some improvements to RoPieee’s webpage. Anyways, here’s: the changelog:

• NEW: support for the Raspberry Pi 5
  • NEW: add support for Raspiaudio AUDIO+ V2 HAT
  • NEW: Squeezelite: option to set IP address of LMS server
  • NEW: show memory size on info screen
  • ENHANCEMENT: upgrade to Linux kernel 6.6 LTS
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Plexamp component
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Squeezelite component
  • ENHANCEMENT: update HQPlayer NAA component
  • ENHANCEMENT: make the webpage more mobile-friendly
  • ENHANCEMENT: hide optional fields from the webpage
  • FIX: the extension cannot handle floating volume limits
  • FIX: on the CM4 there’s some ‘crackling’ on USB with high SR
  • FIX: sometimes the hostname and timezone settings are reset on the webpage

Again a huge thanks to the beta team: and especially their patience :wink:

Enjoy!

14 Likes

My display after the update now doesn’t show the current time into a song and the total length of the song.

3 Likes

Hi,

After having upgraded it appers that I have lost access to the endpoint in Roon.

Feedback ID: 831929316b4e7627

Kind regards
Jens

That feedback is not from 2024.04, but an older version.

The reason it is not showing up is because your HAT is not properly initialized, hence no audio device and subsequent a ‘no show’ in Roon.

Please update to 2024.04 and try again.

Hi Harry @spockfish,
Thank you very much for this big update.
I have the same issue as @Gavin_Riley, namely that the time on the display is 0:00. This is for both timestamps: the playback-time and the total time of the song.
I have this issue on all three RPIs that have a display. Those are RPI 3A+ or RPI 3B+.
The feedback for the RPI 3B+: e13b5b65f93315d3
Thank you very much for all the efforts!
Kind regards, Frank.

Ok, will do.

But it’s a bit odd - I did request it to update to 2024.04 from the ropiee webpage of the device?

/Jens

@spockfish
And this is the feedback ID of a RPI 3A+: d42d05e025108482
Kind regards, Frank.

Hmmm… have I totally overlooked that one? Thanks anyways for your feedback. I’ll have a look at my own system, as this sounds like something that’s 100% reproducible.

1 Like

For me a few things:

1. Still WiFi WPA3 doesn’t work. Can’t login RoPieee to AP
  2. I found a few minor bugs in the GUI regarding the placement of various functions in iOS (iPad) displayed on Chrome or Safari browser. This issue occurs in the following tabs: Audio, Network, Remote, Advanced, Services (UPnP/DLNA, Spotify Connect, Squeezelite), Information.

On Android and PC platforms this issue doesn’t exist.

Hi Since applying update there is no timer on the ropieee screen just shows 0.00 at both ends.

I have three ropiee instances and three screens same deal on all.

RPI4 - same issues with time signature reading 0. Also without full power cycle my official Pi touchscreen doesn’t initialize at all. Using Advanced->Reboot comes up with a black display. Multiple tries. Thanks for the updates, looking forward to more features.

Hi all - My pi screen is also blank, I have tried a few reboots etc. The endpoint still works though, I can play music to it, but no clock or album art etc.

I am on 2024/04 (1549).

My screen comes up on a reboot from power-disconnected. Try shutdown->unplug PSU->Plug in PSU.

Thank you! Yes, you are absolutely correct!

Confirmed: the track length and progress remain at 0:00.

1 Like

One of my displays also went dark after the update process – including during the boot sequence. I ended up re-flashing an older image (which confirmed that the display itself was fine), then re-flashed the current version (which did not work initially), and started the process of writing this up for Harry. Then, the new image just started working – so far so good.

Hey Harry,

I’m running the latest beta on both of my endpoints with screens, but FWIW the track length and progress works fine there.

Hi

The Pi have now been sucessfully been upgrade - and works as expected.

Kind regards
Jens

2 Likes

Wifi not working since 2024.04 (on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1, onboard wifi). Are there problems with WPA3 ? Feedback 561d2325049c947d, but with Wired successful connection (of course), I don’t know if you’ll see a Wireless connection.

By the way, for technical reasons, I have Wifi on a subnetwork (where Roon server is), and Wired on another. So I cannot access Roonserver wired. It could be interesting to be able to force a Roon server address in Ropieee, in another subnetwork (routable of course) to handle these cases

Yes, the are indeed issues. Not something I can fix, we rely on the gods from Raspberry.

That won’t work: Roon uses multicast to find it’s components and you cannot configure an IP address in the Roon ecosystem. That means that you cannot have a Roon ecosystem divided over multiple networks.

1 Like