Release RoPieee 2022.02

Yes, I could change the settings in Roon and it works like that.
I only was surprised and I thought that something could be changed in Ropieee.
Maybe it is because of the new kernel version ?

Okay
I understand it, because the updates are more like an new image?
How is the way to go back to the last version of NG when there in the future comes updates without to flash it again. Not to the old version of ropieee.
I canā€™t see it in the webinterface and also in the beginners guide.
Thank you

Waiting for new Ropieee XL image :hugs: Well, in regards to disabled SSH, I understand why you
decided to disable. Appliance. And this works excellent imo. Butā€¦hihiā€¦there is a little Butā€¦How to change config-file for Shairport-Sync? E.g. used Alac decoderā€¦Maybe SSH
enabled for XL :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I appreciate you noting your struggle, as I am in the same boat and now will not have to struggle. So, thank you.

1 Like

@spockfish great work with the new release! The upgrade went smooth and without any hick-ups!
However, I canā€™t find the alarm clock extension anymore. Is this correct? Do you foresee to add it again in one of the next releases?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Donation sent.

Congrats on such a major step forward! We are all very appreciative of your efforts. Donation sent.

@spockfish that must have been some serious effort!
This is quite a fundamental step forward and made me realise that ever since switching to Ropieee (from various other options) I have not had any endpoint related issues with my Roon setup. And that I indeed can regard it as an appliance.
And that it is well worth a (long overdue) donation: doneāœ…

2 Likes

Brilliant! Just re-flashed and re-booted my RPi 4 - everything works beautifully.

I am sure the music even sounds better!! More depth, resonance and expression. The highs are higher, the lows are lower and the cymbals more shimmery! Do we have any A:B testing studies on Linux distros? :wink:

@spockfish your work revalidates my faith in humanity. I can hardly believe this superb solution is ā€œfreeā€. Maybe we can do things for others just for their own sake. Donation sent.

2 Likes

Too bad SSH is disabled. Is there a way to change the /boot/config.txt in another way? I need to make some changes to avoid the anoying low-voltage warning (the yellow power-symbol in the to right corner. Is it possible to add a ā€˜disable-power-warningā€™ setting in the Ropieee Web Interface?

You canā€™t change the config.txt yourself.

The ā€˜disable power warningā€™ could be a setting in the advanced menuā€¦ with the warning that youā€™re on your own and that this is a really bad idea :wink:

Anyways, I added it to the list of ā€˜might be an ideaā€™ for a future release. No guarantees whatsoever if and when though.

Installed Ropieee on an Allo USBridge Sig with no issues. All working well.
Thanks Harry - Iā€™ll donate again.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply. Iā€™ll wait patiently. The problem is that an audiophile powersupply like the iFi Micro does barely deliver enough power for the Rpi, the 7" touchscreen and a USB powered DAC.

An interesting new : install from network Raspberry Pi Documentation - Getting Started . An ā€œinstall from networkā€ of Ropieee would be great !

Great work, Harry - a smooth swap from the beta to stable and had been working well as beta the past couple of weeks. This must have been a huge undertaking - have donated accordingly :grinning:

Slightly disappointed to lose the ssh option - Iā€™ve found this handy for diagnosing both WiFi and under-voltage problems in the past. Without this, it would be great if there was a way to see, say, the output of dmesg and/or iwconfig. Appreciate though that this may not be on the cards.

2 Likes

I decided to rollback due to the SSH missing option. Iā€™ll wait for the power under voltage setting in the setup. The reason is quit strangeā€¦ one of my cats get triggered bij the blinking yellow power-mark and keeps playing with the touchscreen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there multichannel USB support??

Im not going to say yes or noā€¦but if you have a multichannel DAC that works on Roon Bridge (Core or Server and Remote all incorporate Roon Bridge) via USB, then I assume it should be no different.

A device that needs Windows ASIO/WASAPI drivers then NO

The missing SSH option means that I can no longer run native alsamixer commands on the device. I need to do that to lower the analogue dB gain to -6 with my HiFiBerry hat, otherwise the 2.1v output causes distortion in my setup.

Will there be any way to run native alsamixer commands to control HAT output in this way?

The other minor annoyance with not having SSH is that you canā€™t rename the shairport or librespot device names, because thereā€™s no way to do that in the web interface.

But itā€™s the alsamixer issue that is the main thing that would be great to have a solution for.

Future XL (based on this new architecture) will have this functionality (itā€™s already there, just not exposed in the UI).

1 Like