Release RoPieee 2022.06.1

I believe you need to turn on Squeezebox support under Roon settings, setup for the bridge to work. Have you tried that?

1 Like

That’s correct Richard.

I’ll add a note to the dialog informing the user about this.

Thanks

Ah Ah

I’ll give that a whirl

Thanks

I suppose I should note that the bridge is not working for me (continuous scanning - not finding any devices). I have used it successfully before on Linux/NAS and RooUPnP.
Feedback - 6b593b0e2340f08c

yeah I’m preparing a beta build with some additional data to see why the scanning part is not working for some.

If you haven’t already I’d suggest adding:<forced_mimetypes>audio/flac,audio/mp3,audio/aac</forced_mimetypes>
to the config.xml. This will make it work with Denon/Marantz and other devices that don’t correctly report capabilities.

1 Like

@spockfish Here you go Harry, cable connected, rebooted and feedback fb49bed16ccd5fd3

Note the WiFi screen still has my ssid selected and internal WiFi adapter but no IP address in info

So to be clear:

You can scan for networks? So hitting the ‘scan’ button results in a list with networks including yours?

Hi Harry. I rarely check on my two RopieeeXL devices since they “just work”, but I noticed today they have not updated since version 4.017. I logged in to the web interface but don’t see any messages- can you suggest how to update?

Hi Steve,

Yeah you’re running the ‘old’ architecture. At the beginning of the year I’ve switched to a new architecture (new! shiny! better!). There’s only one downside: you need to reflash.

Your current version will keeps working though, so no ‘immediate’ need.

Thanks

1 Like

No “immediate” need? Hahahaha - Of course I have upgraded both of them immediately! Thanks for your help, all is good and now I’m on the ‘newer, shinier, better’ team!

Harry, since I have upgraded to the latest, I noticed that the problem that occurred with an older release has returned, namely that it seems to keep my DAC (Schiit Yggdrasil) turned on continuously. I can’t leave it this way, I’ll have to downgrade. Can you speak to when or if this can be fixed?

————
Edit: I see now the advanced setting for “Dynamic Audio Power Mgt” that allows me to set a timeout— perfect!

There is a bug/limitation in the current ropieee or rpi kernel (Im guessing) where dual band SSID’s with both 2.4 & 5GHz combined will fail to connect for RPi 3B (Rev 1.2) boards ie not 3B+

I am using Unifi but I suspect this might be for other networking products too…anyway setting up a single 2.4GHz band SSID and connecting to that solved all my issues on all my 3B units. This is ropieee a regression from previous builds that have worked for years on dual band SSID setups.

I’m running a Unifi too, with dual band SSID’s and a Pi 3B. They work fine.

So we need to figure out what the difference is between your setup and mine…

I’m on Early access release AP software I’ll pm you my WiFi settings maybe there are some options i can try otherwise the 2.4 option is working just fine for now

Probably not relevant, but didn’t the 6.2 series firmware change the band steering algorithm?

perhaps but ive been on EA for a long time and this only started in the last week

Turns out it was Fast Roaming being on…I’m guessing something in the kernel changed.

All good now and immediately connecting to the same SSID I was using before now works immediately - no restart needed even but of course need a LAN connection to effect the Config change

1 Like

@spockfish I’m afraid WiFi is not working for me on my RPi4.

Feedback 1b4fa12ba15baa47

1 Like

Hello, I have the exact same problem with the last 2 updates.