Release RoPieee 2022.06.1

I am running 2022.06.1 (375) [stable] on a RPi4B with an ethernet connection. I have had an extremely stable experience for the past few years with auto updates. My pc today cannot see the RPi in the network. I can address the RPi via it’s address with no issues, I can connect via Spotifyconnect on the pc or my phone with no issues but ROON does not list the device any more. I have rebooted the Pi, I have rebooted the pc, rebooted the NUC ROCK core all to no benefit. I then reflashed the latest version of RopieeeXL. The pc still cannot see the RPi and now I have lost the Spotifyconnect in addition to ROON! Can anyone help please?

Have you enabled it in the extensions? Added in audio audio devices?

@Roy_Gaggino nice to see you again buddy…must catch up one of these days….

Can you send me feedback? (it’s on the ‘advanced’ tab).

This is not a lot of information. What do do you mean with ‘exact same problem’?

Thanks

I have now got ROON working. Wiz had the right answer (as usual), it’s been so long since I had to do anything I forgot I had to add it in Audio settings. Spotify still doesn’t work and my PC still doesn’t see the Pi on the network. Feedback 18be138fc90a6e90

Saved my bacon once again mate! I had forgotten to add it to Audio devices. ROON is working now but my pc still doesn’t see it on the network and Spotify still doesn’t work but at least I have access to my music. I’ll get in touch mate as I literally just got back to town. Thank you again so very much.

Firewall on pc being on is the usual culprit

You have not configured Spotify, hence no output and no show-up in Spotify.
Please go to RoPieee’s webpage and on the XL page configure Spotify.

Thanks

Eventually got around to it , the CXN shows up in a Squeezelite section under Audio and works as advertised

Still cannot get it to work for myself as scanning for UPnP renderers keeps on hanging. Tried disabling my firewall to see if that would help, still the same

Thank you very much. It’s strange, I did this multiple times yesterday before I posted asking for help. I configured Spotify in the RopieeeXL, pressed the Configure button and then rebooted the software when requested but it didn’t “take”. After adding the device in ROON audio settings yesterday and getting my hifi system online once more I left it. This morning I simply pressed the “configure” button on Spotifyconnect once more and rebooted when requested and works. I don’t know why but I’m happy. Hopefully won’t need to disturb for another few years! Thanks for a great piece of software Harry and not least for your patience.

1 Like

No, not in this case as I knew enough to turn off the firewall as a first diagnostic step mate but thank you very much. It’s all good now and hopefully I can go back to forgetting about it for another few years. I am going to write down what I did this time so at least won’t need to bother the forum on this issue again. Cheers Mate!

@Daren_Peacock it’s not clear to me why your wireless setup is failing…

Are you willing to switch to the beta channel? I’ve pushed out an update over there that increases logging levels for wireless connection setup, so maybe that gives some clues.

Thanks

Harry I’m happy to go beta but before I do, I’ve identified that the problem is with 2.4 Ghz. There’s no issue with 5 Ghz.

Hello Harry,

Ropieee has been working flawlessly for the past months until release 2022.06 in which my wireless connection stopped working, 2022.06.1 and 2022.06.2 don´t seem to restore that functionality in my setup.

My ISP’s modem has both 2.4gHz and 5gHz connections with the same SSID and password, I didn’t find “band steering” as an option so I guess that is how it is configured in that modem.

Here’s the feedback: 02c11e91a5bb5f68

Thanks for the awesome software!

Hi @Orphen_Revenge1 ,

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve pushed out another beta release that solves your issue (I think and hope :wink: )

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the new release. According the changelog some Wifi-configuration issues were solved, however, today I attempted to install a new ropieeeXL with Wireless access on a RaspberryPi 4 on as SSID “FRITZ!Box 7590 OL”, it seems that ropieeeXL doesn’t like the ! either (it accepts SSID and password but no IP-data is returned → “unknown”)…
Wireless connection is working on a SSID with letters an underscores, but I’ d like to integrated it in above mentioned SSID.

Problem is not the ‘!’, but the combination of the ‘!’ and space(s).

I’ve pushed an update to the beta channel. Could you test this?

Thanks

Hi @spockfish

Problem resolved, thank you very much! :grinning:

1 Like

Not sure if I really downloaded correctly from the beta-channel (version-id seems the same as before: RoPieeeXL 2022.06.1 (0375)) but at the scheduled time a restart was made and still the same issue…
PS: I’ve sent FB under 30827cf510f34c35