Release RoPieee 2022.06.2

Hi,

2022.06 was a big release with respect to WiFi.

And although it (massively) improves overall wireless performance (radio control etc.), it came with a few regressions. This is another patch release that fixes such a regression (hopefully the last!).

Here’s the changelog:

• IMPROV: [XL] make UPnP device discovery more reliable
  • IMPROV: bump Linux kernel
  • FIX: WiFi configuration fails when network essid contains spaces and special chars

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Hi Harry,
My 4 “Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3” all upgraded smoothly. No problems encountered.
Thank you again for the new version, Frank.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick work Harry… Working smoothly and predictably.

One question: I’m currently on the Beta channel for XL. Should I be? I thought we were all back on the Stable channel. I hadn’t thought about it for a while.

(Also, oughta say: Honestly, the LibreSpot + Roon capability is making it much much easier to throw a party. I can leave it on a long Roon playlist, but if someone wants to “just put a song on” they can grab control with Spotify. RopieeeXL + a nice old DAC I had sitting around + an Episode 2-channel amp a friend gave me + the old giant Insignia tower speakers that were in the corner of the attic collecting dust = a fabulous and basically “free-to-me” party zone that guests love.)

1 Like

7 units updated - some WiFi some wired all ok in the end but some looked a little shaky early on. Have some others yet to power up and bring up to speed.

I updated two RPi4’s with no issues. Both are running RoPieeeXL.

Is the 2022.06.02 only on beta or XL?
My display get no update from 2022.06.01…

Hi Oliver, stable RoPieee 2022.06.2 has been released two days ago as announced on this very same thread. Not beta anymore, nor only for XL. So, if your RoPieee is configured on the ‘Stable’ channel and has Internet access, the update should have shown up by now.

Because of the wifi problems, i connected my display via LAN, but there is no update popup.

Is there any documentation or configuration for the UPnP bridge? I can’t seem to get a connection to my Denon receiver even though it is visible to other UPnP sources. Is it based on phillippe44’s squeeze2upnp?

I was a bit too impatient. The popup comes only after some time. The update went through and everything runs perfectly over wifi again.

Yes it is.

Can you discover your Denon?

No. Not with RopieeXL. I can discover it with other apps, however. I believe that Marantz and Denon receivers need <forced_mimetypes>audio/flac,audio/mp3,audio/aac</forced_mimetypes> in the config.xml.

This is what my receiver reports when queried:

audio/mpeg,audio/vnd.dlna.adts,audio/x-ms-wma,audio/x-ms-wma,audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2,audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=1,audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2,audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1,audio/wav,audio/mp3,audio/flac,audio/aac,audio/m4a

Ok. I’ll add this to the config and push and update to the beta channel.
What do you have? A Pi 3 or 4?

Thanks

PI 4 here.

Hello

My three Pi4’s updated to this latest update, the two I have connected by ethernet are fine but the one I have on my network connected by WiFi no longer connects on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. It can see the networks fine when I scan but wont connect.
Are there any suggestions as to how this can be fixed? My network configuration hasn’t changed, it’s only since the Pi updated that it stopped working.

1 Like

You use onboard wifi?

@spockfish Yes, onboard WiFi

Can you send me feedback? You can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab.

@spockfish Feedback is here - 7e0f8065b3cf3742 - hopefully it gives enough info.

Hi @Stuart_Bartlett ,

I’ve found the issue. There’s an character in your passphrase that makes the wireless setup stumbleupon. Working on a solution right now…

Thanks

1 Like