Release RoPieee 2022.06.4

Most of the time it just works. I’ve had very few issues and the biggest one was due to a damaged microSD card, I’m now using high endurance ones that hopefully last longer.

1 Like

I know I certainly appreciate all you do Harry. Which is why I supported you with a donation. Incredible work I must say…Tim

2 Likes

I have ROPIEEEE XL version 2022.06.4 (459) running on a Pi4 ROON BRIDGE and use two USB ports to serve two different DACs. One is correctly discovered and plays up to 192kHz, the other, a TENTLABS B-DAC however plays only 44.1/48kHz and ROON downsamples all higher resolution files to 44.1 or 48kHz. I went to the Audio setup in Roon of course, but there is nothing I can set there to enable the full capabilities of the B-DAC. My other DAC shows at least the setting of its max capable Sampling Rate in the Roon Audio Menu.
I have of course rebooted the Roon Bridge when I attached the new B-DAC. Does ROPIEEE not pass on the DAC details/capabilities to ROON?

Help appreciated!

And Thanks for the great ROPIEEE Software, I sent a donation!

2 Likes

I will echo others sentiments here… I think it is completely unacceptable to be “unpleasant” towards a person who creates a software product and puts it out there for free. A good product too, one of the least problematic around. I recently donated a small amount of $$$ and will probably do it again. Just updated my Pi4 and everything seems to be working great (although it seemed to work fine before too!)

2 Likes

It does. Can you send me feedback (you can find that option on the advanced tab).

Thanks

Done: bc104b6cfc5f871d
(beware, it serves two DACs!)

Thanks a lot for looking into this, appreciated!!

Well, my mistake: that DAC via USB ONLY supports 44.1/48kHz - consulted the makers page. My bad…
Higher resolutions only via SPDIF / TOSLINK

Sorry for that!

1 Like