Release RoPieee 2022.06

Hi,

Time for another release!

Pretty big release with stuff all over the place. The most important feature is the UPnP bridging feature: which provides a way to bring your ‘old’ UPnP device to Roon.

Here’s the changelog:

• NEW: [XL] UPnP Bridge: bridge your existing UPnP device to Roon
  • NEW: support for DHCP option 42 (provide NTP server(s) via DHCP)
  • NEW: remote control supports ‘standby/sleep’ command for disabling the screen
  • IMPROV: show checkbox on ‘reboot’ dialog to apply update (if available)
  • IMPROV: show feedback on sending feedback :wink:
  • IMPROV: improve wireless configuration
  • IMPROV: update WiFi firmware
  • IMPROV: bump Linux kernel

I hope you enjoy this release.

Have a great weekend!

Warm regards,
Harry

10 Likes

Thanks @spockfish for all your hard work. Quick question: still no upgrade option from RoPieee to XL in the Advance menu, correct? So the only way to upgrade to XL is flashing the card and start from scratch?

@spockfish

Hi Harry,
Thank you for the hard work.
I have, since the automatic upgrade, two Raspberry Pi’s that does not receive an IP-address from the DHCP-server any more. That are the two that are using WiFi to be connected.
I will focus on one RPI. It has two possible WiFi-connections: one is the integrated WiFi antenna (“Raspberry-Pi On-Board WiFi”), but it also has an extra WiFi-dongle (“Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adaptor”). The connection I already use for years is the WiFi-dongle. But since the upgrade none of the two WiFi-antennas are able to receive an IP-address. I always get “Connection Failure” Yesterday evening, it was still working perfectly.
When I check the release notes of the 2022.06, I see a lot of items concerning WiFi and DHCP. Personally, I don’t think it has something to do with the WiFi, as I can still scan networks. So I presume it has something to do with the new functionality of the DHCP option 42.
Feedback: 8eed6f6036a5487d (taken when I connected a LAN-cable after receiving the message “Connection Failure”).
Can you see what is going wrong?
Kind regards, Frank.

I have done some additional tests. I do not receive any DHCP-request (DHCP Discover) on the DHCP-server from the RPI when on WiFi.

No longer any WiFi connection after update

Feedback sent after power cycle and relocation to router hard-wired.
Ropieee sees WiFi but doesn’t connect.
c880c397183cd722

BTW, trying to reboot from web “Advanced” pop-up “Are you sure…” clicking “Ok” doesn’t work, shutdown works, though.

Damn should have read the whole thread before pulling the update trigger…looks like I’ll need the long lan cable :grimacing:

Hi @Frank_M and @Marin_Weigel ,

Looking into this a we speak. For now the logs don’t show anything strange.
I’m preparing a test on one of my systems.

Thanks

You have a lot of undervoltage messages…

Did you swap out power supplies by any chance?

All of mine are stable prior to the update… 2 wired recovered ok 2 wireless MIA now

So you’re wireless units are gone as well?

yes hence my post to having should of read the whole thread before I pulled the update trigger :frowning:

Mine are all explicitly using reserved DHCP on my network too.

Mine all have a display connected but they have been on the same setup for years

I know, it’s the 5VDC y-cable causing a voltage drop, otherwise all stable…

Plugging in a lan cable the unit immediately connects on wired and has updated

in the shot below the B351 is the one that didnt come back… they are all RPi 3B

Does anyone from you have a Pi 4 with wifi?

I can fire one up I think

only have this image around will it work still?

Grab 2022-06-25 at  18.36.38

booting it up and installing it now… will have to go out for dinner shortly tho so I will have to see how

I tried to enable Wi-Fi (never done before …) and it can detect the SSID but it doesn’t connect …

PI 3 or 4?

No that won’t work - it’s previous architecture.

Pi4 with last version … must be said that my SSID has some blanks …

All my RoPieees are “Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3”.
I will see if i have a RPI 4 to do some tests.

That should not be a problem… but can you send me feedback?