Release RoPieee 2023.05

All,

I’d like to announce the 2023.05 release!

Following up to a rather big release, this one is relatively small and ‘boring’: mainly under-the-hood maintenance in a never-ending effort to improve reliability and performance.

The biggest thingie is probably the possibility to send out a WoL (Wake-on-LAN) packet during start up phase: this brings the possibility to power up your Roon server, for example.

Here’s the complete changelog:

• NEW: option to send WoL (Wake-on-Lan) message
  • NEW: support for Pi2AES 2.0
  • ENHANCEMENT: [XL] add mac address parameter to Squeezelite
  • ENHANCEMENT: increase timeout while scanning in AP mode
  • ENHANCEMENT: improve wireless reliability on Zero 2 W
  • ENHANCEMENT: update base packages

With the staged rollout, your unit(s) will show an update notification somewhere the coming 24 hrs.
You can get new images over here: https://ropieee.org

And as always, enjoy!

16 Likes

WOW Harry, you must have been busy despite the public holidays!! BIG THANKS GO TO YOU!!

One of four Raspies showed the update, done and went well

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the update! Do you use the ethernet mac address for squeezelite? My Pi 4 devices are connected via wifi and are shown as new devices with a different mac address in LMS after the update.

1 Like

Yes. That’s because I received a report that sometimes it identifies with a zero mac address. This way it will ‘always’ remain the same.

1 Like

Both PI’s updated wihout any problem half hour ago. Thanks again.

1 Like

Three Pis updated successfully :wink: Thanks again, @spockfish

1 Like

Updated two of my PI4 (one with allo Digione) which supports my ROON SYSTEM running several DACs via SPDIF/COAX AND USB - all two dead no sound!

Pulled power, rebooted (at least tried), PI4+Digione came up working, the regular other PI4 which supplies 4 DACs via USB is dead, red LED on, no Green LED ??

Pulled all 4x USB connections from that PI4 (is that too many??), booted again and it came up. Re-inserted one after another of those four USB connections while that PI4 was running. It is working again now.

Unfortunately my groups in ROON were gone, restored the backup from this morning, now all groups are back. SIGHHHHH

What happened?? Feedback is 1ec655d23bbf1eae

and done twice! Thx!

Is someone else experiencing an issue with Airplay? There‘s no sound while Roon or Squeezelite are playing fine.

Hello @spockfish Harry, while my first rpi received very soon the new release my second one doesn’t still show any upate, more or less 18 hours are gone, and more … I tried to download the new version from your site but it seems impossible, is the download infrastructure running fine?

Yeah it’s running fine.

Have you tried restarting the Pi that is taking so long?

Yes, I’ve also got the problem with AirPlay not working. This is a real annoyance as in addition to using the end-point for Roon which works fine, I also use it for playing podcasts using AirPlay from my phone.

I’ve occasionally has slight hiccups with AirPlay in the past, but they’ve also been cured by restarting either the particular application using AirPlay or restarting RoPieee, but this time neither solution works.

1 Like

Can you send me feedback?

Rpi restarted (shut down/power on) but after a couple of hours nothing happens … never happened before …
Just sent a feedback 61fd07464b64a95f
Thank you

Ok Thanks.

Reboot your unit once again and wait an hour, then it will pull in the update.

Meanwhile my three Pis updated and Airplay is broken on all of them. To be more precise: I can connect to the devices and I can stream audio, but there’s no sound.

The settings seem to be fine. I did not change anything and it was working before the update.

Feedback again: 70344ce6f4c885bd

I hope this helps.

Michael

Hi Harry,

I run a Pi2AES on a couple of my Pi’s, and just curious if this is added functionality, or what the user would see/hear?

(It ran normally before this, so wondering what the support entails.)

Thanks!

Just documentation. So it now states that it both support the ‘regular’ and the 2.0 version.

1 Like

Finally the update was requested … all is fine now
Thanks Harry

1 Like

Harry, I have one unit (out of 7) that has not updated. I rebooted it for good measure this morning – if by tomorrow it doesn’t update should I reflash?

Thanks.