Release RoPieee 2023.11

got 1176 on my pi3, confirmed Airplay 2 now working :+1: , thanks!

2 Likes

Waiting for build 1174 as my Pi 3 has the screen rotation issue. Do I just continue to wait or am I missing something? Do I have to trigger the update somehow (have rebooted multiple times)? Should I be using the Beta Update Channel or Stable?

Logs b7f28c0a201c6a80 if needed.

Thanks

The updates for mine took a few hours, so I would just wait. Stable channel.

2 Likes

I’m using a Pi3. The update stalled twice: connection to internet - I rebooted.
Then at connection to wifi: rebooted again and after that everything worked.

Got build 1176, just needed to be patient (took a few hours). Works great, thanks @spockfish!

2 Likes

Thanks for this Harry - 2 of the three pi4s (raspberry Pi 4 model B rev 1.2) have updated fine, but the 3rd is running 2023.09 (1118). And not showing any option to update. How can I update it please?
Pete

@spockfish Harry if my 4pcs ROPIEEEs blink with “update available” can I then safely trigger the update and will it then automatically install the hotfixed version 1176 or 1179 for my PI3 / PI4? [I am asking as one displays Update **2023.11.0 [1171]** downloaded and available for your device! which is NOT the hotfixed version??]

Just install and then maybe one more time again.

Hi @spockfish

My USBridge Sig did not reboot after the update to 1177, this has happened on previous releases as well.

Again, with the newest release, it took my Rpi 3 three re-boots till it fully loaded the software and connected to Roon. But eventually it all worked

but manually triggered? Because it will do several reboots when the unit is updating.

Manually. With both this release and the previous one it got “stuck” at a certain points. Just sat there, Each manual reboot got it farther along till it finished totally and came fully online.

Hi Harry - I did the update using the update button, it took a couple of reboots before it finally completed but everything seems to working well, however the Web UI is now showing:

version RoPieeeXL 2023.09 (1116)

Is it possible that I accidentally upgraded to RopieeeXL? I’m sure I was just using the regular Ropieee before!

Its a Pi3B if that’s important :slight_smile:

Can you send me feedback?

Thanks Harry:

cb749d185e62d7e2

I see there’s another update now, should I run it?

Upgraded 2 devices (headless), perfect as always. Thanks Harry

1 Like

-solved after reboot-

… it does here … they are both rpi4 … the version number for rpi3 isn’t the same …

I’m new to RoPieee and this is my first update cycle. Here are a couple of observations about the update experience.

I have a Pi 4 with touchscreen in our bedroom. The display is set to timeout and remains dark at night. When RoPieee detected the update the screen came on and remained on in the middle of the night. I would prefer if update detection didn’t cause the screen to come on.

The screen displays a red “Update Available!” button which looks interactive. It doesn’t respond to taps. In other words, based on the appearance of the button, I just assumed I could tap it to take the update. This is very minor but if it’s not interactive, could it be? Or, if it can’t be, you might consider making it say “Update Available - See Web UI” or something like that.

The bigger issue, though, is that I’m not sure how if or how I can set RoPieee up to not enable the screen in the middle of the night. Setting up auto install and a reboot schedule doesn’t seem like it would do it. Can this be done somehow?