Release versions missing in Roon (present in Musicbrainz)

Hi there.

First of, I’m blown away by Roon. This is a fantastic piece of software. Awesome job!

From other posts here, my understanding is that Roon does use Musicbrainz as (one of its) sources.

Yet, looking at this album (see screenshots):

• Musicbrainz has 10 versions of it
  • Roon has only 4 (and only 1 of them is in the Musicbrainz dataset)

Is there a specific reason why the versions from Musicbrainz are not showing-up? (note: the musicbrainz data has been there forever - none of these are recent additions)

1 Like

ping @dylan maybe?

Hi @Dubo_Dubon_Duponey,

Right now, not every version will appear here. We have logic in place to determine which versions should appear.

For now, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

1 Like

I’ve - kind of - asked it already but I’m trying again: would it be possible to explain what qualifies a release to actually appear? That would at least stop me from wondering why sometimes releases will not make into the Roon dataset.

Ok, started a conversation here then: More releases versions from MusicBrainz (that are not in Roon)

I did back-link this conversation here, and also your thread @anon47919701