Remote connections have improved but still having some issues

short update on this issue:
While switching local ethernet to private, does ineed lower the frequency of the error above ocurring, the problem still exists occasionally, which is very annoying.

What is weird though, is that my roon remote installation on my iMac ALWAYS connects quickly and with no issues to my core on the win10 64bit NUC.

does anyone have an idea what else I might try?

Hey, @k1282 — Thanks for reaching out!

So we can better assist you here, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you also confirm how often this behavior occurs with your other remote devices? Does it typically have issues making the initial connection, or does it disconnect when using the device?

Thanks!
Dylan

sure, here you go:

Topology:

1. RoonCore is installed on a NUC5i3 (Win10 Home Edition, 128GB SSD, 16GB DDR3 RAM).
  2. NUC Ethernet Connection is classified as Private Ethernet Network via Win10 network settings
  3. NUC is connected via Ethernet to LAN port of Wifi Router (Netgear Orbi) directly
  4. Pixel XL and Kindle FireHD10 both connect to the router via wifi

Frequency of behaviour:
It happens randomly but never initially when I restart my NUC. This is also how I solve the issue: If my Pixel XL or FireHD10 does not find the NUC within an acceptable mount of time (let it be 1min, depending on my mood) I just restart the NUC. What is strange though, is the fact that my roon remote installation on my iMac never ever fails me. The only difference I see, is that my iMac does nto run Android :slight_smile:

Hey @k1282,

Thanks for the info here.

Is the iMac also connected via Ethernet, or does it use a WiFi connection?

For Orbi routers we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core. Can you uncheck that setting and let us know if there’s any change?

Thanks,
Dylan

the imac is connected via wifi as well to the same router as the other 2 remotes.

i just unchecked Disable IGMP Proxying in my router and will report back if it helped. As connectivity issues are random with my android based remotes, I might be able to provide feedback in case of failures within the next 1or2 days. I will test for the next 7 days and give feedback if it was successful as well.

see you then…

1 Like

Tests were successful. Apparently IGMP did fix the issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.