Remote Control Kef Egg - Pink Faun Audio Streamer

Streamer is a Pink Faun Audio Streamer is running Roon Version 1.7
The Mac Mini 2018 is running Roon Version 1.7
Kef Egg is out of the box.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The Pink Faun Audio streamer is connected to Router FritzBox 7490 per LAN
The Mac mini is connected to Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef Egg is connected through the EIZO EV2451 monitor hub via USB, hub is connected to Mac mini

Description Of Issue

The problem is that I cannot use the remote for controlling the volume. I can play/pause but I cannot control the volume. I can control the volume however in Apple Music.

I have selected under Volume Control the option Device Volume as this was working under Windows. Did I forget something? Or do I need to change some settings?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Wouter

Hi @Wouter_Blom,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this Zone? Thanks!

Here you go Dylan, if I do not use the exclusive mode I am able to use the remote. But do not have the best quality. Under windows it was working.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully you can find a solution.

Regards,

Wouter

Hi @Wouter_Blom,

Can you please confirm if the behavior is the same if you bypass the hub?

@noris

By switching the USB connector from the HUBof the EIZO directly to the Mac mini 2018 does not solve the issue. So to answer your question the behavior is the same.

1 Like

Hi @Wouter_Blom,

Thanks for checking. The next step here is to see if the Roon logs show these actions occuring, can I please ask that you reproduce the issue (try to use the volume control from the remote) and let me know the exact local time + date + track you tried to reproduce the issue with? Once I have the timestamp, I can enable diagnostics mode for your account.

@noris

Time 19.34 GERMAN TIME

Track If You Stayed Over by Bonobo, Fink

1 Like

Hi @Wouter_Blom,

Happy Holidays and thank you for the timestamp! I tried to enable diagnostics mode for your account and what this should have done is deliver a log set to us, but unfortunately I am not seeing the logs come in. Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Mac Roon logs?

@noris

Hi Noris, your email landed in my spam-box for whatever reason. I sold the mac in the meantime and went back to a windows setup.

Further the balance for the speakers was off on the mac. There was a difference of around 10 db per speaker.

Thanks for your help.

All the best!

Wouter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.