Remote Crashing on PC after 1.7 update

I am using Roon on my PC tablet as a controler.
This update keeps crashing and I am not allowed to role back as it will not let me use the older version.
Any ideas?

core is working great, Android control er is great but my pc tablet not at all.
it starts loading then crashes just after load screen.

Hi @Eric_Hamel,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties. Can I please request that you share a screenshot of your System Information?

System Information can be accessed by typing in “System Information” into your start menu, and then it should display a page similar to this one:

Please extend the “Value” field if needed so that we can see all the relevant details. Thank you!

This is not the end of the world for me but I really liked using it. :grin:

Hi @Eric_Hamel,

Thank you for sending that additional information. I would like to request we try one troubleshooting technique on this PC before looping in the technical team. Can you please:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (on your affected Roon Client, not on the Core)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs

It installed a new folder named ‘Roon’ but still crashed in the same place.

Hi @Eric_Hamel,

Thanks for giving that a try. Can I please request that you send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? I’m hoping they will contain some more information for the technical team to review. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay.

Here is a link to the Roon folder I made in my Google Drive.

I have included both the Core logs and the Remote logs.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iV0URjEix5j3HRkcg-HNThU0eIWpyiZJ

Eric

Hi @Eric_Hamel,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I believe this issue might stem from using an outdated .NET version on the laptop. Can you please try upgrading your .NET version on the affected PC by using the following link?

Yup, that fixed it.
Thank you so much, I loved using this PC tablet as a remote.
I appreciate your help getting this up and running again.
Eric

1 Like

Happy to help @Eric_Hamel, hope you continue to enjoy Roon!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.