Remote libaries will not connect to core

Hi,

I have struggled for some time now to connect my iPad and iPhone to the PC, which serves as the core. No contact, whatsoever. I have deactivated virus and security wall, but with no effect.

There are no problems in relation to accessing and playing music from Tidal and my NAS. Just to get the Roon remote libraries connected.

My Setup
what version of Roon you are running: Roon version 1.3 64 bit

What operating system you are running: Windows 10

Basic information about the device you’re using: Lenovo X240

I’m looking forward to hearing from you in order to fix this problem.

Kind regards,

Rudi Myrvang

Flagging @support for assistance.

Hi @Rudi_Myrvang ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, the insight is always appreciated!

In order to get a better sense of the issue you are experiencing with the mentioned remote devices, may I very kindly ask you for the following information:

• My assumption is that you have not always experienced this behavior with your remotes. Since noticing this issue can you think of any changes that have been made to your setup previously?

• “Accept connections from remotes” is enabled on the Win10 device hosting your core, correct?

• While this may seem elementary, since reporting this behavior to us have you tried rebooting your core, remotes, and any networking hardware (i.e router, switches, etc) involved in your setup?

• Have you tried reinstalling the application on the mentioned remote devices?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick response!

See below for my answers to your questions.

My assumption is that you have not always experienced this behavior
with your remotes. Since noticing this issue can you think of any changes
that have been made to your setup previously?

Answer: The problem is that I never managed to get contact with the
core from the remotes (an Ipad and an Iphone). Please have a look at the
attached screenshot. As you can see, the remotes find the core, yet they
fail to connect.

Accept connections from remotes is enabled on the Windevice hosting
your core, correct?
Answer: Yes, that’s correct

While this may seem elementary, since reporting this behavior to us have
you tried rebooting your core, remotes, and any networking hardware (i.e
router, switches, etc) involved in your setup?
Answer: Yes, I have

Have you tried reinstalling the application on the mentioned remote
devices?
Answer: Yes, but to no avail, unfortunately.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,

Rudi

Try this, click on “I Want to connect to a different core” and select that core again. It has worked for me before on OSX, might not work on Windoz though.

Hi,t

I cannot see any “I want to connect to a different core”. However, there is a “Why can’t I see my remote libraries?” link, which I have tried. I then get the possibility to enter an IP addres for the system to scan. I then entered the IPv4 addres of my computer on the wifi (in my case 192.168.10.126). Nothing happened, other than a long session of fruitless scanning.

Has the problem something to do with the “Configure Roon OS devices” button in the Windows core app and the IOS devices?

Kind regards,
Rudi

Hi @Rudi_Myrvang ---- Thank you for touching base with me and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, can you please confirm that your iPad and iPhones remotes are in the same IP range as your core machine. You can try and app like FING to scan your network looking for devices that it can see with itself showing up in the process. If you are going to give this a shot, please make sure your Roon core is active, as well as both of your remotes

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I have now tried the Fing app. Please have a look at the attached screnshot. To me it looks alright, but you might spot potential problems…?

I really do not understand why I cannot get my remotes to connect. Obviously, I have made the PC detectable on the wifi network (private), and I have also switched the firewall off etc etc.

How can we get this rather irritating problem solved?

Kind regards,

//Rudi

And here is a more complete list, with the core (Rudi-Think: Rudi) and the two remotes (Rudis iPhone and rudi-sin-ipasd-2-home)

//Rudi

Rudi in your first screen shot you are showing the core address as “::ffff:192.168.10.126” which indicates that it is an IPv4 address embedded in an IPv6 format. You might try turning off IPv6 mode in Windows 10 using only IPv4 and see if that makes a difference.

Hi Rugby,
I have now deactivated IPv6 mode:

Still, my iPhone tries to log on as previously:

Any ideas?

//Rudi

Hi @Rudi_Myrvang ----- Thank you for touching base and sharing your observations since making the suggested adjustments to your Win10 core (i.e turning off IPv6). The update is very appreciated!

Moving forward, based on your most recent screenshot of your remote device it appears that the Win10 core is still showing an IPv4 address embedded in an IPv6 format. I did a bit of research on how to go about disabling IPv6 on Win 10 and came across the following article: How To Disable IPv6 On Windows 10. The article lays out the same steps you have already taken, however it mentions that after you have unchecked the IPv6 setting (example below) you should then restart your computer and the internet router for the changes to take affect.

53 PM

-Eric

Hi again Eric,

I have now tried to restart. With no effect. Same fff’s in front of thte IP address.

What should I try next?

Kind regards,

Rudi

Hi,

I just got confimed that my router runs IPv4, nor IPv6. I hope this information will prove useful.

Kind regards,

Rudi

Hi @Rudi_Myrvang ----- Thanks for the update and giving the proposed “additional steps” a try, apologies for the wait.

Moving forward, it seems like you are doing everything right in terms of trying to get the remote to connect with your core and in light of this, may I very kindly ask you to please describe your network configuration/topology. Please be sure to provide insight (makes/models) into any networking hardware you may be implementing (i.e router, switches, repeaters, extenders, etc).

Let’s get all the details of your network configuration and see if something jumps out us, as to why you are seeing the mentioned IP address on your core machine.

Many thanks!
-Eric