Remote on my MacBook Pro No Longer Works After Latest Update

Thanks for your response, Rebekah. So I think I did what you asked. But nothing has changed. Let me explain. I added what I believe to be the correct shared folder on my Music Drive. I’ve included a screen shot to show you. I also tried inserting the name of the hard drive before my actual shared folder. Same thing—nothing happened. In the scenario with the included screen shot, when I hit Force Rescan, my screen flashed, and then nothing happened.
Also, you asked me to make sure to make the folder on the Music Drive a shared folder and included a link as to how to do that on a Mac. I’m not sure I’ve got this right, but the hard drive is attached to a Sonic Transporter i5, which I believe is Linux-based, not Mac. So I removed the hard drive from the ST and connected it to my Mac and followed the directions on the link. After reattaching it to the ST, again, nothing changed.
There has been a change since the last time I wrote. No matter what I do, I cannot access the hard drive from my Mac when it is attached to the ST. The Sonic Orbiter OS recognizes the hard drive just fine, but I cannot get my Mac to recognize it under “Network”. I think this may be part of the problem somehow. Not really sure how, but it might explain why when I hit Force Rescan, nothing happens.
Sorry this is getting SO complicated.

Jacob

Rebekah, hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Jacob

Hey @Jacob_Ofman1,

Thank you for the kind wishes and your patience. I’m also truly grateful for the efforts you’ve made to get your music to be recognized by Roon.

Would you be able to check how is your hard drive formatted?

Hi Rebeka,

It’s formatted exFAT.

Hope you’re well.

Jacob

Hi Rebeka,
Maybe a little more background would help you. I bought this regular (non-SSD) hard drive recently because the one before started failing-and because it was bigger so that it could accommodate the rest of my CD collection. I was never confident that the files on it hadn’t gotten corrupted due to the failing nature of the previous hard drive. I selectively played various files from my collection and they all played fine. So I made the assumption that both the files and the hard drive were working properly. The new hard drive came formatted “ex-fat”, which is what SGC recommends for hard drives that will be attached to the STi5. From the beginning, the hard drive would disappear from being seen on the “Network” and then it would reappear. When I run DiskUtility on the new hard drive, it always gives it a “healthy” rating—nothing wrong with it. But now it won’t show up in “Network”. If I look at the hard drive through the SonicOrbiter software, it always shows up as being successfully attached to the STi5. That’s confusing to me—why it shows up in one place but not another. I’m open to the idea that the hard drive may actually have gotten corrupted, or that files on the hard drive may have gotten corrupted. It doesn’t appear that way at first look. I’m not sure if any of this background is even relevant to the current issue of not being able to get Roon to recognize and scan the new hard drive.

Jacob

Any new ideas, Rebekah?

Jacob

Hey @Jacob_Ofman1,

Thanks for following up about this - so sorry to hear that this is ongoing. I wanted to share this Community post with you in hopes that it will help with the issue you’re experiencing. Would you mind taking a look:

Trouble with USB Drive SonicTransporter

Thanks! :pray:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.