Remotes can't connect to core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Qnap TS 253a running latest firmware
Roon Server 1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

QNAP via ethernet on wifi router (fixed IP)
all remotes via wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Uniti Star

Description Of Issue

When opening a roon app on Mac OSx or iOS i can see and select Roon Core (see image) - but then askes for login and when i do i need to deautorize QNAP as core.
Problem since 1 week…

? help ?

I have the same issue (with ROCK on Intel NUC and Roon Remote on Windows 10 x64). This is since I installed the last versions: Roon 1.7 (build 571) + ROCK 1.0 (build 219).
It is happening a few times a day. Music is playing via network, but Roon Core is not available.
There is something new: I leave Roon Remote on. There was no music playing, and no activity on Roon. After a few minutes, I came back, and Roon Remote was disconnected from the Roon Core.
This is happening on two Roon Remotes on Windows 10 x64, on two completely different computers. There wasn’t any change on my environment (network, audio devices, computers etc.) from long time ago.
Something is massed up inside last version…

Hi @Jeroen_van_IJzendoor,

Are you using the latest version of QNAP? There have been some changes that might help with this, but it is still going through the QNAP App Store cycle, you can install a manual copy in the meantime though, see:

&

thanks - but still having the issue (even after completely removing server and re-install)

any other tips/options?

Hi @Jeroen_van_IJzendoor,

Have you made sure to manually update the package as per the second thread? I don’t believe it passed the QNAP web store approval just yet, so a manual install is needed until that happens.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.