Remove Star Ratings (and Reviews) for Music In My Library

The thread is called “Remove Star Ratings (and Reviews)” and the part with the reviews is resolved because you can turn them off entirely, no?

Granted you can’t remove the stars, and I am not saying “close this thread” or anything. I was just giving you the info that by now you can turn off the review at least, because you were suddenly posting in a 2 year old thread and I wasn’t sure that you were aware that this has since changed.

3 Likes

“Remove star ratings (and reviews) for music in my library” isn’t the same as “give us the option to turn both things off”. Hence my post (from October 2021) on why I like the ratings and reviews. I’ve never said such an option would be a bad idea.

No, it isn’t.

The part you left out…

Folks, this is going nowhere: If any request to include more options can get derailed by random users (none of whom initiated the thread) who have zero stakes in this, as they passionately don’t want more options but seriously have enough time on their hands to hijack discussions about issues they don’t have. Ffs, this is a paid membership app, not an open source forum (despite the lack of moderation on the community pages), and I think it needs other parameters of taking customer requests seriously.

6 Likes

Willful misunderstandings aren’t particularly useful in this (or any) discussion. None of the posters here who wrote they liked the ratings and/or the reviews said they were against having more options. As a matter of fact, they often explicitly said the very opposite to make it impossible for other users (to pretend) to misunderstand their posts as an attack on the original feature request.

Here are three examples:

Other posters gave helpful advice to those Roon users who might not know that we now have options we didn’t have when this discussion started back in February 2017.

None of the comments quoted above (or the many similar posts on this thread) can possibly be interpreted as an attempt at “derailing a request” or “hijacking a discussion”.

8 Likes

I got notified that you directly replied to something I wrote back in October 2021. Hence my post. Nothing “random” about it.

Yes, and as my previous post clearly shows, that’s exactly what some of us had already said multiple times on this very thread long before you even joined this discussion (and the Roon forum).

8 Likes

This is what the original poster said:

Is it possible to hide the editorial star ratings so the stars only appear if I’ve rated something myself?

If not, then is it possible to just hide them altogether?

This is neither a feature request nor a feature removal request, just a request for more hide options in an already bloated interface.

Yet, you and some others come in every time someone enforces this to be noted by the developers, essentially saying “Why don’t you like it, I love it.”, which is not the point.

6 Likes

a) A “request for more hide options” is by definition a “feature request”. Your (failed attempt at) hairsplitting isn’t helpful…

b) The post you quoted isn’t a request in the sense you suggested, let alone some kind of rant. All the OP did (back in 2017) was to ask if it was “possible to hide” the ratings and reviews. His two questions have no annoyed undertone whatsoever.

c) The OP said absolutely nothing about a “bloated interface”.

What do you have against people that agree with you? The users you’re referring to have all supported the request for more hide options - not only on this thread. Do only the Roon users who dislike the ratings and reviews have the right to say that it would be better to have more options?

9 Likes