Requesting Documentation for Rolling Back to a Previous Version on Roon Nucleus B Plus

Hello Roon Community,

I am currently using the Roon Nucleus B Plus with a Lumin U1 network bridge. I’ve recently upgraded to the latest version of Roon. However, I am encountering some issues and would like to explore how to roll back to the previous version of the software on my Nucleus system. Could anyone provide guidance or documentation on how to accomplish this? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

Roon Labs do not support rolling back to previous versions of Roon. A better strategy would be for you to open a Support request in the Support category of the forum describing your issues and your Roon and network setup in detail. Then the Support team can assist in diagnosing and resolving your issues. Thank you.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

My Roon software won't start up

Hello Roon Support and Community,

I am utilizing a Roon Nucleus B Plus system, paired with a Lumin U1 network bridge. After being informed that directly rolling back to a previous version of Roon is not possible, I'm seeking alternative methods to revert my system to a prior state. Specifically, I would like to know if it's feasible to backup the current version and then restore system files to effectively roll back to the previous version of the system.

Could anyone provide insights or documentation on how to perform a system rollback through backup restoration? Any guidance or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I aim to ensure my setup runs optimally.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

If you want to ensure that your system runs optimally, you should run the latest version.

To roll back, you need to keep the installers for the remote apps for each version and a Roon database backup from every version, too. There is, however, no installer for every version of the Nucleus:

• The ROCK installer is not updated every time.
  • After installing ROCK, you would need the help of Roon support to enable the Nucleus code.

Therefore, the only way I can think of is to open the Nucleus and use disk mirroring software on a computer to mirror the OS disk, then you can restore that later. But of course this is crazy.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.