Required Audio Codecs Missing error on Windows 10 Pro N

No, honest, it was my mistake.

1 Like

hi folks,
the last update of my Windows10 N have created some problems…
now although I installed the Media Feature Pack for N editions,
this is the packege
KB3099229_x86
ROON requires yet the Audio Codecs ! and will not open!

I installed KB3099229 and rebooted, then KB3133719 and rebooted. Roon controller is running on a different Win 10 system. What else?

@support

Thanks to Tidal support (Tidal was giving me similar errors), I have found the right package that needs to be installed for Windows N:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53356&6B49FDFB-8E5B-4B07-BC31-15695C5A2143=1

After downloading, installing this package, and restarting my PC, I can now launch both Tidal and Roon.
It would be nice if you could add the link to this package to the web page linked from the error message.

Thanks,

Ami

2 Likes

@Giona_Orlandi @Jon_Leonard – can you guys try the package linked in the post above mine, as well as the one I mentioned here:

If neither of those work, please confirm:

• That you are installing the packages on the machine where your Roon Core runs
  • What you are seeing on the About Your PC screen – a screenshot would be great

Thanks!

hi, for this packager KB3133719-x64.msu or 32 version the computer tells me that it is impossible to install this package !!!

Hey @Giona_Orlandi – did you see my post above? Can you answer those two questions? Thanks!

yes Mike i have only one PC and before the upgrade all works properly, then after ROON don’t start and asks the usual codecs!
Edition Windows 10 Enterprise N
Version 1703
Build SO 15063.138

see the photo
thanks
Giona

Hi @Giona_Orlandi ----- I see from your previous post you had tried installing: KB3099229_x86. Have you tried installing KB3099229_x64?

-Eric

yes Eric both packages are installed!
I repeat, before the last Windows update, ROON worked perfectly!

best regards
Giona

Hi @Giona_Orlandi ----- Thank you for touching base with me and clarifying that information. Both are appreciated!

I wanted to let you know that we are currently looking into reproducing this behavior in house and once we have conducted our testing I will be sure to update this thread immediately.

-Eric

Many thanks for your job Eric, but i have change my OS so it is no longer the N version :slight_smile:

I’m still having this problem. I have Win10 Pro N Version 1703 and Roon is still refusing to start.
All updates mentioned here are installed but I still get fatal error required audio codecs missing.

I have same problem, just upgraded to Windows 10 N Enterprise, Roon refuses to start.

And yes I have installed codecs:

se files below

What to do next ?

Different versions of Windows 10N need different media packs:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

Which version are you running ?

Version info:

Did the linked page point you to a media pack that works ? Looks like 4016817.

I found the right version, but have issues with instaling it. Just hanging during installation. Need to resolve that … F**** microsoft is always depending on some shit on Windows Update …

After fixeing some windows update issues, the feature pack was installed, and now Roon works again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.