Restoring ROON from enhanced output to lossless

My output has suddenly changed from lossless to enhanced. How can I get it back to lossless?

It would be helpful to see your signal path in a screenshot :thinking:

Hello @Tom_Russell,

Can you please post a screenshot of your Signal Path? It should look something like this:
563a50b3-d733-42e5-82e9-af5b60c5ea96

Thanks,
Noris

Here is the screenshot

Do you have an email address I can send the screenshot to?

Hello @Tom_Russell,

The reason why you are seeing an enhanced Signal Path is because you are applying Crossfade to that zone.

For Roon to process crossfade and other DSP operations, the bit-depth is often converted to a highly-precise 64bit float so that the calculations for that operation can be performed. You can read a bit more about this here and here and to turn it back into lossless all you would need to do is disable Crossfade. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Exactly the answer I was typing as everything has the lovely purple stars on the Signal Path whereas the Crossfade shows in white which is a change to the ‘lossless’ signal path… at least that’s how this newbie understands it :joy:

1 Like

I have disabled crossfeed but it still shows it as being on.

Hi Tom,

Do you have “Apply Changes Automatically” set in DSP ? If not you may need to manually apply the change to Crossfade before it takes effect.

Can you post a screenshot of your DSP screen ?

Crossfade is in Zone settings.

1 Like

Thank you I have done it

1 Like

Thank you I found it

1 Like

Hello @Tom_Russell,

I just want to confirm here, after disabling crossfade everything is working as expected and you are back to streaming lossless output? Please let me know when possible and if everything is working as expected now, I will mark this thread as [Solved].

Thanks,
Noris

Yes turning off crossfeed worked and I am back to lossless output.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.